Angra to tour N. America in the Spring!

This is all information that was given to me verbally by the band's booking agent and I'm sure, as anything is in this business, it is subject to change. I would treat this as merely a sketch outline until something official is posted on ANGRA's website.

Hope to see some of you in May in St. Paul for a great night of metal!!!

Dear god, I hope that changes. The closest thing to Atlanta is Jaxx. :(

Well Swordzy depending on when my finals fall and how the money situation is I might be in Minneapolis or for those sons of bitches in Illinois I be at the Chicago one since my very good friend lives there. Oh no I just thought about Powerfest being at the end of April. Well hopefully Rob and Chris will schedule it so I can just stay extra long in Chi-town.

Wow, I got on here to post about this and first I find out about Sonata and now I find out that the ProgPower news network has once again scooped me on my story! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OKAY, so being that I just confirmed ANGRA this morning for Minneapolis, I will now spill all that I know about this tour.

The information that has been supplied to me is that ANGRA will be doing 5 dates and only 5 dates in the US.

Their tour support is WINTER'S BANE and SHATTER MESSIAH.

They will be starting on Saturday, April 28, 2007 in NYC, presumably at BB Kings.

Sunday, April 29, they are at JAXX.

Monday is a day off.

Tuesday, May 1 is in Cleveland at HoB.

Wednesday, May 2 is in Chicago at an undetermined location (presumably HoB again).

Thursday, May 3 will be in Minneapolis at the STATION 4 nightclub. (Station 4.com) I will be promoting this show and will be standing on-stage with sword in hand, the metal dork for all to see. :headbang:

This is all information that was given to me verbally by the band's booking agent and I'm sure, as anything is in this business, it is subject to change. I would treat this as merely a sketch outline until something official is posted on ANGRA's website.

Hope to see some of you in May in St. Paul for a great night of metal!!!
I didn't realize that this news was for public consumption yet. Even Jay didn't spill the beans on this one. ;) Hmmm....

BTW, there is a bit more to the story, but that will have to wait.:devil:

I didn't realize that this news was for public consumption yet. Even Jay didn't spill the beans on this one. ;) Hmmm....
Agreed. Neither Oliver, Eric, nor Antonio told me dates were public yet. And Jay/Jaxx didn't even put stuff on their website yet. I was under the impression that things weren't supposed to be out there for the public yet...

BTW, there is a bit more to the story, but that will have to wait.:devil:
True that.

I was given permission to announce my date publicly tomorrow at my Twisted Sister show, but I guess I acted prematurely by posting the other dates which may or may not be confirmed yet. Like I said ... everything in this business is subject to change. I've been told my date is confirmed and I'm terribly excited to do this show.

Hopefully the tour will expand, Angra could use more exposure to the US market.

...Wow, not many bands skip the west coast, that sucks :cry:
Dates are subject to change of course, so hang tight - remember, only Nathan's has been confirmed, and wasn't supposed to be announced yet according to Nathan himself. So hang in there, you may get something you never know. Just wait for the official announcement from the band, their management, or their booking agent...

Dates are subject to change of course, so hang tight - remember, only Nathan's has been confirmed, and wasn't supposed to be announced yet according to Nathan himself. So hang in there, you may get something you never know. Just wait for the official announcement from the band, their management, or their booking agent...

If they came from the booking agent, chances are those dates won't change. Especially if one of the dates is 100% confirmed already. It's very hard and expensive to "unbook" (since alot of shit is paid for already) gigs.

Don't rag on Swordlord for spilling the beans early. None of the major news sites picked the info up, so no harm, no foul. Thanks Swordlord, however I do not think the venue for NYC will be BB Kings since the venue site has something else scheduled for that day.

I wonder if the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival will want in on this tour...

If they came from the booking agent, chances are those dates won't change. Especially if one of the dates is 100% confirmed already. It's very hard and expensive to "unbook" (since alot of shit is paid for already) gigs.
They came from a booking agent yes. However, not all were confirmed and Nathan has nothing to do with the other dates. The agent simply told him tentative plans for other shows. I can tell you that all the dates Nathan listed are not confirmed. So no dates are being "unbooked". ;)

Don't rag on Swordlord for spilling the beans early. None of the major news sites picked the info up, so no harm, no foul. Thanks Swordlord, however I do not think the venue for NYC will be BB Kings since the venue site has something else scheduled for that day.
I'm not ragging on him, but if you look he admitted he was wrong for stating things outside of his realm of involvement. He was wrong to post that and he admitted it. That's the type of thing many promoters, booking agents, managers, and clubs get very uptight about.

Metal Asylum Interview

Taken from the interview:
12. What does Angra have planned for 2007?

ANGRA: We should be touring throughout 2007. We already started the tour a few weeks ago in Japan co headlining with Megadeth. That was awesome. Then we will do some shows here in Brazil until the new year. In January we will go to Japan with Blind Guardian and do a few other Asian countries. After those we will go to Europe to do Italy , France , Spain as usual, in February and then do USA and Canada in May. After that we will go south to Mexico Ecuador, Columbia stuff like that.

Hooray!:headbang:

YESSSSS!!! THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!

This sums up NC too. Angra is one of my favorite bands, and at the time when they first came to the US for Prog Power, I checked their website daily for other dates. Literally a week before the date, NC popped up for a Wednesday. There was no advertising, and 12 people showed (5 of which where there because of me bugging them).

In regards to expecting ore people, Angra hasn't caught on in the States for some reason. They rock in Japan, parts of South America, and a handful of European countries, but the US is somewhere they haven't done as well (probably because they don't play here very often and the market is different). But they are a super talented band, and I hope this upcoming tour will be promoted right and work for them...

Man I hope Edu is up for a tour, his voice has been really strained with many of the videos I've seen of their performances live on Youtube.com.

This exposure will be great for them..though I think they might be way too good for the American ear..like someone hooked on fast food, thinking its good food, while looking distainfully at organic food or anything nutrient rich. My sister is a prime example who said "I told you salad was bad for you" when the ecoli out break in spinach happened!.

How was the turnout in Charlotte for Blind Guardian?

Wow, I live in NC and had no idea Angra had played here before. Jacksonville is about 4 hours from where I live at though. Kinda sucks that only 12 ppl showed up cause I would personally love to see Angra here. Oh well, I can always travel like I do to most of my shows. One good thing though...Blind Guardian will be in Charlotte on the 5th of December...don't know how good the turnout will be but I will be there.