Angra vs Symphony X

PurpleDink

Apr 8, 2009
No this is not a battle to see who is the better band. I just want to ask you all which band is going to come out with their already overdue album first? Place your bets.

Well, you know, Symphony X released their last one in 2007, Angra apparently in 2006. Both seem to have had kinda similiar pace with releasing albums in the past, but last time around, the gap between the Symphony X albums was much greater, so I'd give my bet to Angra. They are simply more likely to release a new album faster. On the other hand, I'm willing to bet that both will release their new album before the next Wintersun comes out.

I have no idea who Angra is, but probably them.

This is their best song

EDIT: uhhh.. so now you know? not really.. but you get to hear an excellent song. Right.
Angra is a power metal band from São Paulo, Brazil known for its symphonic interludes, highly technical guitar playing, and regional elements.

Fuck I hate Brazilians, I just has some on my team playing a game of Heroes of Newerth and the fucking mongoloids lost me the game.

EDIT 2:
grandmaass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Symphony X will take more time in this case and that's cool. I always expect a grand piece from them.

Both bands are excellent! :D Probably my two favorites in the Prog/Power genre.

Though, Angra have recently reformed/started playing together again.

Anyways, I'll be very interested to hear what both bands end up producing.

P.s. The shadow hunter is god-like!

This is their best song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ESt3FnJ7I
EDIT: uhhh.. so now you know? not really.. but you get to hear an excellent song. Right.

It's unique, that's for sure. I do like the intro. It's certainly not power metal overkill, but it gets a bit cheesy for me at times. I'm not really digging the vocals, either - aren't there any power metal singers who sing with balls and soul, like Russell or Barlow from Iced Earth? All these other singers sound like little girls compared to them.

Fuck I hate Brazilians

:lol:

South America might have a big fucking metal crowd (well it's a damn continent), but they suck at exporting bands. There's basically Angra and old Sepultura.

You forgot Tribuzy, he released a sweet album in 2005 with a ton of great musicians/special guests. This one is probably my fave, has Michael Kiske guesting on vox...

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed.

I don't really know much about Angra, but the Wuthering Heights cover was funny. Guess I could check something.

Time's leaked.

Link edited by moderator - C'mon, you know you can't post stuff like that here....JW

It's very different form the debut. I like it, though.

What did you think of Aurora Consurgens? I need to give Rebirth some more listens, I tend to neglect that one for some reason...but Temple Of Shadows has to be in my top 10 albums of alltime.