Annoying Christian Lyrics on great bands

Becoming the Archetype.
I pretty much just ignore their lyrics which is easy since a lot of the vocals are death growls anyway

if i may quote immolation

CAN YOU HEAR US
DEATH TO JESUS
CAN YOU HEAR US
DEATH TO JESUS

i love immolation but FUCK OFF

You mean like this one song below which has one of the most legendary guitar riffs and lyrics are about Jesus?

Fuck I missed the memo I guess. Maybe the 90s weren't as balanced as I thought. I had no idea Lenny was Christian, believe it or not. Then again, I was never really a fan of his (even though I definitely dig some of his tracks), nor did I pay much attention. I figured that song was about free love and flower power actually. :lol:

As a Cartholic metal fan I agree that most christian lyrics are really annoying. Not just christian rock band lyrics, but any christian music. Everytime I see those commercial where they show the people raising their hands in the air as if they are touching god or some shit i face palm like no other. I have no problem with people singing, or writing music about their beliefs, but most of the time it is the lamest lyrics ever. Just like on that episode of South Park they are basically cheesy love song about Jesus.

The only christian band I listen to is Believer, and I actually quite like the lyrics (Trilogy of Knowledge FTW). I used to like Mortification but really the production is so bad on most of their records.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-G2Dqc6aWA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPW3IDtgwc&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck I missed the memo I guess. Maybe the 90s weren't as balanced as I thought. I had no idea Lenny was Christian, believe it or not. Then again, I was never really a fan of his (even though I definitely dig some of his tracks), nor did I pay much attention. I figured that song was about free love and flower power actually. :lol:

Well, I would call myself a fanatic as I have all the albums and singles :smug: But he has pretty well cameo'd the god/woman + love aspect. Almost the whole Are you gonna go my way and Circus albums are about Jeebus. And ladies. If you just look at the songnames, it's not hard to figure it out the most obvious ones:

Are you gonna go my way (1993)
01 - Are you gonna go my way
02 - Believe
04 - Heaven help

Circus (1995)
07 - God Is Love
11 - The Resurrection

Lenny (2001)
05 - Believe In Me
08 - God Save Us All

Baptism (2004)
01 - Minister of Rock n Roll
04 - Calling All Angels

I pretty much hate any preachy lyrics, whether they be religious or political. I give anti religious lyrics more credit though, because they aren't so specific. Denying something is much more broad and acceptable to me than asserting a specific worldview, whether I agree with it or not.

Satanic or extremely anti-Christian lyrics get on my nerves too though. I left halfway through a Deicide show because I couldn't handle all the fuck Jesus shit. Its like damn, dude, get over it, he died 2000 years ago, no reason to be so pissed at him.

+1, I had no idea that song was about Jesus an' shit

I also agree with others that Satanic bands are extremely annoying. We've had 3+ decades of Satanic bands, it's such old hat. I think some bands default to singing about Satan because they lack any kind of original thoughts of their own - it's mostly a gimmick and a very tired one at that.

I say that's exactly the reason there are still so many satanic themed bands, the first ones were to sell cause being satanic was 'in' in the late 80s/early 90s (and come on, nobody actually believes that shit right?) or just to match the attitude and badassness of their music such as CC does with the gory lyrics, and the millions that came after and are still coming are out of pure lack of brain to make real lyrics

I hate most christian bands out there, can't stand them musically most of the time. Then again bands I do like I really can't identify with the lyrics. I can't stand bands making a joke out of Jesus, or actually slandering his name. Behemoth, Slayer and tons of other bands would be awesome for me to listen to if they didn't to any of the blasphemy. With so much music turning anti-religion, and especially anti-christian, there is also a stronger base of christian based music coming up.

Personally , I'll take anything if the Lyrics are good. With Christian lyrics though, how much more imagery cannyiy paint than the bible? So I can see that side of it. Then again, useless distasteful anti Christian lyrics annoy
me just the same. But unless the lyrics are great I tend to look past them. Eg, personally I love arch enemy, but I wouldn't praise their lryics lol. On the other hand... Opeth, have some awesome lyrics!!! But yeah, they are lyrics.. Take your learning from English/ grammar etc. If it's well written and paints something for you. Then it's good if you like it. Sadly... I hve heaps of mates who love the Jesus bashing no end, but that's their choice etc. I personally can't tolerate extremist anything in lyrics... And even political crap. It gets to a joke after a point...

no
nonononononono
NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NONONONONOPNIO{DFJ|BKLDFHJ|DGJDFKL

Leonard Cohen is easily the greatest lyricist of all time, I'm not even a fan of his music, but read his damn lyrics.

no
nonononononono
NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NONONONONOPNIO{DFJ|BKLDFHJ|DGJDFKL

Martin Walkyier

Fuck Yeah :headbang:

oh and +1 to Believer being cool

As far as the "FUCK JESUS" shit goes, Jesus actually seemed like a pretty cool guy. Just trekking about preaching love and respect for one another rather than hatred, violence and bigotry.

But it all went severely wrong after that, eh?