Another band named Bloodbath

I'm always in the middle with In Flames. I got into them pretty late (Clayman), so I don't have that intense nostalgia for their older albums that some fans have. I agree with the general concensus about stuff after Reroute, but I still like it okay.

I haven't heard anything from the new album, though. I'm also not really interested in hearing it, so I guess that says something.

-D

Colony is actually the best IF album by far
Colony is when the music started to mellow down and Friden's vocals lost their aggression and he started to use those moaning annoying 'clean vocals' too much. He did it on Whoracle too in "Jester Script Transfigured", but there it works. Colony isn't total rubbish though, there are some good songs ("Coerced Coexistence").

Colony is when the music started to mellow down and Friden's vocals lost their aggression and he started to use those moaning annoying 'clean vocals' too much. He did it on Whoracle too in "Jester Script Transfigured", but there it works. Colony isn't total rubbish though, there are some good songs ("Coerced Coexistence").

The clean vocals are used very sparsely on Colony, and they were still not bad by any means...as for the songs, they had more challenging structures and sounded more epic, more ''serious'' that the stuff on the previous albums.