another church burning

when was the last time we had a good book burning? ahhh, those were the good ole days.

it wouldnt suprise me if book burnings happened in the near future. our society seems to be regressing because of religion.

...come to think of it. wasnt there a book burning recently?
~gR~

I know that there was for Harry Potter - and I beleive pokemon games because they "supported evolution."

haha I guess you're unlucky. Personnaly I've been doing my thing and nobody bothered me in the last 20 years or so. Move to Canada maybe? :p

eh, it has more to do with the life that i chose. i joined the US military. most these people come from middle america, where religion isnt a choice, its part of your life. they dont understand how someone can be against religion. some are open to discussing the issue. most are not.

i also live in the radical christian headquaters of colorado springs. home of the new life church. which is an amazing building. that thing is huuuuge. my favorite interaction with one of the new lifers was in the airport. i was sitting at the bar in my suffocation hoodie. and one of them felt compelled to talk to me, and get me back on track. he said it was no coincidence, but he was meant to find me. we spent an hour discussing my problems with christianity. he said i was "majoring in the minors" and that if i looked at the big picture, i would accept christianity. i ofcourse dont see it that way. but he was nice, and i had no problem with it. well, i was upset that my captain and coke was getting watered down by the ice melting...

http://www.suffocation.us/picts/merchandise/tshirt-jesuswept.jpg
~gR~

I think vs. burning churches people should be more open with their anti-christian ideals. People are so passive when it comes to talk about religion, If you as someone if they are religious and the response is something like "I guess I believe in god". More people need to stick up for themselves and show that christianitys' time is about over.

I think vs. burning churches people should be more open with their anti-christian ideals. People are so passive when it comes to talk about religion, If you as someone if they are religious and the response is something like "I guess I believe in god". More people need to stick up for themselves and show that christianitys' time is about over.

When you say its time is over give some reason for it. And considering you are just some poster on a forum. Considering theres around a billion christians right now I dont think it's time is over. You may disagree with it and say its time is over is just another pesudo-blasphemis comment.

I never understand the hatred for the relgion it's self. The core ideas are good but i understand the people who destroy it. Rules are not bad becuase if you understand the idea of misanthropy you would distrust mankind and then know that rules created by a god(or gods if you want)would be a better idea then a mankind without rules. I still dont understand the idea of Crowley. Yea he preached about having no rules but he died addicted to opium(the drug) and sex without a penny to his name.

My first long post so give me song slack.

I cannot believe that France's main export to the world is still post-pubescent stupidity.

Sartre would shit his pants.

I swear you are the biggest idiot ever and you dont understand that these church is a work of art.

Stop taking Krig serious. :)

I never understand the hatred for the relgion it's self.

Then what are you doing in this thread?

Rules are not bad becuase if you understand the idea of misanthropy you would distrust mankind and then know that rules created by a god would be a better idea then a mankind without rules.

Incoherent. Please rephrase :zombie:

Satanists are asses and this prooves it. They're going to hell atleast and the christians that got burnt shall go to heaven :D. Screw all Satanists that entire religion is overrated and I know someone who wants to be one also!!!

Satanists are asses and this prooves it. They're going to hell atleast and the christians that got burnt shall go to heaven :D. Screw all Satanists that entire religion is overrated and I know someone who wants to be one also!!!

Wow dude, you should be posting on the philosophy forum here.

I'm still hoping against hope that Blue_Jay will turn out to be some kind of joke account. You know, one of those people doing a "social experiment" of sorts.

eh, it has more to do with the life that i chose. i joined the US military. most these people come from middle america, where religion isnt a choice, its part of your life. they dont understand how someone can be against religion. some are open to discussing the issue. most are not.

i also live in the radical christian headquaters of colorado springs. home of the new life church. which is an amazing building. that thing is huuuuge. my favorite interaction with one of the new lifers was in the airport. i was sitting at the bar in my suffocation hoodie. and one of them felt compelled to talk to me, and get me back on track. he said it was no coincidence, but he was meant to find me. we spent an hour discussing my problems with christianity. he said i was "majoring in the minors" and that if i looked at the big picture, i would accept christianity. i ofcourse dont see it that way. but he was nice, and i had no problem with it. well, i was upset that my captain and coke was getting watered down by the ice melting...

http://www.suffocation.us/picts/merchandise/tshirt-jesuswept.jpg
~gR~

dude, i'd been a soldier from Brazilian Air force for 6 long years, and i unjoined in this year cuz my time finished there... be a soldier is very boring and annoyng, but the cash is very good... anyway, good luck on your job, and be careful with your actions:headbang:

when was the last time we had a good book burning? ahhh, those were the good ole days.

it wouldnt suprise me if book burnings happened in the near future. our society seems to be regressing because of religion.

...come to think of it. wasnt there a book burning recently?
~gR~
There was probably one sometime in my area. :lol: They're probably was because the only form of Christianity here in rural Tennessee is Fundamentalist Christianity. And a lot of them think it's the only form of Christianity, like today for example, I was telling my sister and grandmother that there's different forms of Christianity that don't believe in Hell or the Devil and are generally liberal and they replied with "No, there's not, you go to Hell if you're not a Christian" :lol: