Another Cover song thread - Hell Is Where the Heart Is

Mr. Niel

Dec 27, 2005
Orlando, FL, USA
www.mrniel.net
Click for ROCK.

also:

I love this song, I was in between client work back in January and had time to make this and had the instrumental done for awhile. I finally got around to doing the vocals recently, please excuse my thin, shitty clean singing, it's obviously not my greatest strength. Rest of it sounds pretty good though so far, as this is a quick demo master of the mix. The guitar solo was take 200, but I'm glad I didn't settle til I got it right cause it came out pretty good as well.

Hi Dan! When the hell are you gonna finish the Unicorn re-recordings?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was pretty damn awesome!
I told you a few times, but your death growls are soooo so good. I also thought the clean singing was way better than you described it :)
A great Swanö worship!

I'm pretty sure Mr. Niel is curled up in fetal position right now, sobbing to himself over and over: "I LOVE YOU DAN. I LOVE YOU DAN. I LOVE YOU DAN. I LOVE YOU DAN."

High praise, indeed.

Where's Lord K to piss on him!?!?!?!

Lord K urine is admittedly tasty, but not as tasty as the new Unicorn recordings will surely be.

Thanks for listening, Dan!

Very well exectued, flawless playing. On the other hand this is more of a blueprint rather than a personal intepretation as I hear it. But then again, it's no point in changing something that is already perfect. :)

Where's Lord K to piss on him!?!?!?!

Here.

Thing is, I don't piss on people's musical shortcomings if it's not deserved (which it usually is). This cover was fucken good. And I had no problems with the clean vocals either, much to my surprise. You should hear ME do clean vocals, then we can start talking about being absolutely useless.

But I would never admit that.

Good job, kid.