Another guest solo! (this time for MetalOverload's Sports theme hehehe)

I agree. Nice job.

Thanks man!

Haha next time you should play a guest solo in a black metal band..just for balancing :lol:

Hahaha, I dunno if I'm cut out for that - trem-picking is my kryptonite! :ill: (and I'm sure you'll have a nightmare trying to figure out what that means with google translator, so it basically means "my main weakness," cuz kryptonite was Superman's :D)

This is great Marcus! I can't solo for shit, all i know are some blues licks i once learned and i can't be bothered improving my solo skills, lol.. it sounds like you practice quite a lot as it really is smooth and well varied soloing im hearing here..

Thanks so much guys! Bob, yeah, I definitely do "practice" my soloing a lot, though really just by putting on something on the melodic (and slower :D) side, picking up my guitar, and improvising over it while it plays; really heightens the immersion for me cuz it almost makes the listening an interactive experience, and lets me build up my chops and more importantly inherent "feel" of keys and positions (I NEVER think of what key I'm playing in or anything, it's 100% by ear, though I do know enough theory to get by). And make no mistake, all my solos are 100% composed; usually I'll record a few takes just improvising but making an attempt to go for creativity rather than consistency, pick the best licks, develop 'em, and string 'em together!

Also, I always try to throw in some new type of lick or technique that I don't often use (in this case, that double-stop thing at the beginning of the 3rd lick)