Guest solo for Jhakwe (probably my fav. so far!)

Thanks a ton dudes, I really appreciate it! (especially from Zack :worship: ) Felix and Joe, I really dig Evergrey, and Tom/Henrik's styles, though I wouldn't say they're a primary influence on my soloing (at least not consciously), cuz they can often feel just a bit too improvised/all over the place for me, whereas I go for the totally preconceived almost melody-like solo'ing (a la Petrucci, Per Nilsson, Peter Wichers, Alexi, Jani Liimatainen, my biggest 5 I'd say). They do have some great ideas though, to be sure!

Primary you sound like "Marcus Hedwig". You have your own unique style of playing. At some short moments it reminds me a very smaaaall bit of Evergrey..(especially the first lick), but I think each guitarist uses a bit of other guitarist´s fundus..so probably Tom or Henrik have some petrucci influences. What´s the deal? Important is..YOUR SOLO FUCKING ROCKS :headbang: And you stealed me the show :)

Hmm....seems like I totally missed this thread.
I have to agree with everyone else here...really good solo, it's obvious that you had Per Nilsson in mind ;). I wouldn't mind it at all if it was a little bit longer :).
Your vibrato is great and it adds a lot to that particular solo. In my opinion a good vibrato is extremely important for any kind of solo. It's amazing how many guitarists I've heard that totally disregard the need for a good vibrato, instead they try to show off with fast picking and arpeggios. And more often than not they don't even get that right.

...In my opinion a good vibrato is extremely important for any kind of solo. It's amazing how many guitarists I've heard that totally disregard the need for a good vibrato, instead they try to show off with fast picking and arpeggios. And more often than not they don't even get that right.

You said it!!

Primary you sound like "Marcus Hedwig". You have your own unique style of playing. At some short moments it reminds me a very smaaaall bit of Evergrey..(especially the first lick), but I think each guitarist uses a bit of other guitarist´s fundus..so probably Tom or Henrik have some petrucci influences. What´s the deal? Important is..YOUR SOLO FUCKING ROCKS :headbang: And you stealed me the show :)

Thanks so much Felix, it's definitely pretty much the biggest compliment to be told you have your own style (and that it can be perceived), so it means a lot, especially coming from a guy with chops like yours! :headbang:

Everyone else, thanks to you guys as well, and Kimon, you have NO idea how much I agree with you about vibrato being so underappreciated (and underdeveloped) in a lot of guitarists; tons of them have what I call the "angry bee" vibrato (a rapid, uncontrolled buzzing, see ALEX LIFESON :mad: you knew I had to bring him into this Mark :D) or they don't return to pitch after each bend so it sounds perpetually sharp, yeesh - definitely something I've worked on, so I appreciate the mention of it! :)

Thanks so much Felix, it's definitely pretty much the biggest compliment to be told you have your own style (and that it can be perceived), so it means a lot, especially coming from a guy with chops like yours! :headbang:

Everyone else, thanks to you guys as well, and Kimon, you have NO idea how much I agree with you about vibrato being so underappreciated (and underdeveloped) in a lot of guitarists; tons of them have what I call the "angry bee" vibrato (a rapid, uncontrolled buzzing, see ALEX LIFESON :mad: you knew I had to bring him into this Mark :D) or they don't return to pitch after each bend so it sounds perpetually sharp, yeesh - definitely something I've worked on, so I appreciate the mention of it! :)

Don't forget Kirk "motorboat fap, fap vibrato" Hammett!

-Joe

...see ALEX LIFESON :mad: you knew I had to bring him into this Mark :D)

:p :lol:

Your playing on this solo reminds me a little at times of Joel Gregoire, that local Houston guitarist I pointed you to a while back (don't know if you ever checked him out). That's meant as a compliment. It's not that you sound exactly like him, but you both share a sense of melody at times. And sometimes I need urging from you or others to slow myself down and go for a little more melody. Good stuff there!

Very, very welcome :) Don´t wanna be such pathetic, but..It was a fucking pleasure to play together with you, Marcus!! Let the metal flow :kickass: