Working on my next project, need a guest solo dudes!

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Yo dudes!

I'm working on my next project, which will be more of a complete "thing" than my last one, meaning I will aim at releasing pretty much something like an album or something. So I'm currently writing songs and just ... fighting my fucking writer's block. Today, I more or less "finished" a rough idea on one of the songs but I feel there should be a solo in there... something I personally can't play :D

I've had a couple dudes in mind for this (from the forum), so I've sent them PMs but I figured anybody who is interested can try laying a solo.. can't hurt I guess, and it'll be more to pick from! Might even combine some, haha... whaaacky!

The sound right now is nothing to comment on, hence why I'm not posting in the "Mix my Rate" ... or was it "Rate my Mix"-section ... oh I mixed them up (hohoo funny guy!). There is no bass guitar, just a sloppily recorded double track guitar and Addictive Drums for the rhythm. Think of it as a better sounding Guitar Pro version of a song :)

I guess I'm open for some feedback as well though, since the song is roughly sketched out now, if everybody hates a particular riff or something, I might think about changing it etc.

Tuning is A#sus4, tempo is 136 if I remember correctly but you have the drums so no probs... and just go nuts! The solo part I had in mind starts at 3:35 and could continue all the way to 4:37 if you wish :) Do whatever you think fits the music!

The song: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/585020/Crystal Cleanish_2.mp3

Guess you can just post your solo mixed down with the song in the thread if you want, otherwise just PM the link. Don't worry about DIs until I'm happy with the solo (that doesn't sound nice of me to say!) =)

Cheers!

--------------------

A little section here to gather up the solos to organize a bit for myself and anyone else who is interested in hearing all the great dudes' solos from the forum:

Metalhead28: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=17594
TravisW: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7435562

I'll just answer your PM here - I'm at my friend's house so I can't listen, but I don't care, I'm totally in as long as it doesn't djent like ca-razy!

I think I'll take this offer up as well, I won't solo past 4:04 because I think that whole section would be better suited for something else :loco:

this sounds pretty sweet man , i might have a stab at this :D

Cheers man, please do! :)

Might take a wack at this myself

The more, the merrier :) Let me know if you get around to it!

I think I'll take this offer up as well, I won't solo past 4:04 because I think that whole section would be better suited for something else :loco:

Haha :) Well, you are probably better than me since (I keep saying this all the time but...) I'm a drummer mainly, guitar is only my second "choise" (although it feels as if I'm becoming better at guitar than drums these days), so I think whatever you do is going to sound better than what I do so just go for it if you wish :)

Hey, I'd like a try at this. I want your permission before I record anything officially, even if it's just over it, though.

Check out some of my stuff @ http://www.myspace.com/jessemarz

My YouTube is http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001 aswell.. I update my YouTube more often than MySpace.

Let me know, bud!

~Jess

Duuude, I already sent you a PM about it! :D Of course I want you to lay a solo on it, just go ahead! You are wickedly skilled dude :)

Anything goes... if you wanna do sweeps 'n arpeggios and stuff or just something calmer, I don't mind. As long as the solo is based on the fundamental note that is being played unlike some guys who just do some random shred no matter what key the rest of the instruments play in haha :D

Good luck, and may you have a rain of inspiration upon you!

I should have something for you tomorrow night or Tuesday.

Cool dude, looking forward to hear it! :D

honestly i don't really like the part you're pointing to for soloing. I'd much prefer that section right before it. It's more open to some fun legato and sliding ala peter wichers.

Well, I intentionally "made space" in those parts by playing more palm mutes etc, and the riff before that is kinda noisy but it would certainly not harm in trying to lay a solo there instead. Who knows, it could turn out quite awesome so if you wanna do it, just go for it... I'm open for suggestions :)

Thanks for voicing your opinion about it, might have an impact on the song later!

i think ill have a go at this tomorrow, when im back home, im not a crazy shred dude so dont expect much:loco:

I love that so many have offered help and I think it's great fun! I wouldn't say it's too late Felix, many have shown interest but none has delivered a solo yet so if you WANT to, go for it. But only if you really want to, don't do it "just to be nice" or something :)

I will probably "make room" in most songs for a little solo action if this works out. I love to work with other people and I'm so fired up and excited to get this project done :D My singer is only 17 but he's good enough at both singing and screaming so it's gonna be interesting for sure... and I know how such a paaaaaaaiiiiiin it is to find a vocalist, even from the forum, so I'm really happy to have that more or less solved. Ooops, trailing off a little off-topic here in my excitement...

But only if you really want to, don't do it "just to be nice" or something

I´m not nice, I wanna make some fucking rock´n roll, dude :) But count me in for the next song or project, if you want. I saw Metaltastic wants to contribute for this song. He´s a great player!

Thanks Felix, you're no slouch yourself! :) Erkan, I won't be able to even consider starting anything until after Wed., cuz I have a big exam then (and at night, no less), but after that I'll give it a whirl!

I'm sure you already have this covered, and this might not be what you're after anyway, but what the hell.
I liked the first half of that solo section and I thought it was begging for some out-there stuff.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=17594

Nice to hear! It was weird to me in the beginning but I really liked what you did towards the middle and forward. Sort of "ghostly" in some way...

If more people lay solos on this, it's gonna be so problematic to decide which one/ones to use, I hate choosing between good stuff :D How do decide ¯\(o_O)/¯

I will definately keep this one as a candidate when it's time to decide, thanks for your contribution buddy, and hope I didn't cause ya too much pain! :)