Anyone interested in doing a guest solo?

xMannequiNx

Mar 29, 2009
My band has got a song that has a PERFECT place for an amazing solo, but none of us can solo well! Its rough at the moment, but I can post a clip if someone is interested. The style is along the lines of emmure and for the fallen dreams, but this particular song's solo spot would have a after the burial feel solo.

Let me know if anyone wants to do it! I'd just need DIs which would be reamped later this year when we record our EP. And I can make sure your name gets credited on the album as a feat :Spin:

Heres the mp3:

http://codingrockets.com/stuff/studio/new/Song4Learner.mp3

The solo would go after the tom buildup right about 1:30. It might sound even better if the riff went on for a couple measures then the solo came in. But I'll let you decide that!

Also were thinking the solo be something along the lines of the solo at the end of the song "Ometh" by ATB, so keep that in mind while writing :)

(kplease know that this song is pre-production and is not mixed or mastered, it is strictly for writing purposes and will be rerecorded)

wow i didnt expect so many ppl to be interested!

There are no drums to the song yet (we are still in pre-production) but they are going to be recorded tonight. I'll post up the song when they are done!

Ok guys we finished drums today for this song, so I uploaded the mp3 (go to original post at top ^^)

good luck!! I can't wait to hear the results!

Oh yeah almost forgot! tuning is drop A#

A# F A# D# G C

and that keyboard solo sounds interesting! I'll definitely consider it haha

the song can't be this bad....

or am I just crazy and impatient and should wait for ppl to finish?

theres a riff right after the buildup at 1:30. I thought the second time through the riff the solo would come in.

I just listened to that Ometh track... that solo, or something like it, sounds like it would have absolutely no place in your track... also, I can't play that fast... coherently...

I do however hear a more melodic, maybe Opeth style lead over your track...

I will test something out later tonight...

EDIT: I take that back, a solo like what you mentioned could so work there... but I cannot do this... I did come up with something much simpler and more melodic than your request... fun song to solo over, btw... I hope someone comes through for you on this.

Hey!
First off, I don't know ATB, in fact this was the first time I checked them out on youtube just to see what this Ometh thingy is.
I have to say that Ometh is not even remotely similar to your song so it gave me quite a headache what to solo over your rhythm track. Anyway, this is what I came up with: http://www.lifedanger.hu/sneap.mp3
Again, nothing like Ometh, I just layed down some ideas that I felt fits your theme best.
Let me know if you like it. If you do, give me a shout and I'll re-record a proper version of the solo (possibly in tune next time haha)

holy shit azisten!!!!! thats like exactly what I'm talking about!!!! Especially then end :D

Sorry if I made it confusing by saying the solo should be like ometh. I know the song is nothing like anything from ATB, it just has the same notes and kind of same feel as the end of the song ometh, which is why it popped into my head.

I really liked it, and I'm definitely considering it. I wanna let other people have a shot at this too though, so lets see what everyone else can do first.

Hey!
First off, I don't know ATB, in fact this was the first time I checked them out on youtube just to see what this Ometh thingy is.
I have to say that Ometh is not even remotely similar to your song so it gave me quite a headache what to solo over your rhythm track. Anyway, this is what I came up with: http://www.lifedanger.hu/sneap.mp3
Again, nothing like Ometh, I just layed down some ideas that I felt fits your theme best.
Let me know if you like it. If you do, give me a shout and I'll re-record a proper version of the solo (possibly in tune next time haha)

DAMN dude :worship: