Guest solo wanted

sedit1

Aug 4, 2007
Vantaa, Finland
www.drophammer.fi
Is there anyone here interested of doing a guest solo to death/black metal song?

The song is still unfinished but you will get the point. I was thingking that te best part would be starting from 00.18sec before the blastbeat, or if you like the ending with slow riff is also available. I was imagining something like the solos in new bloodbath album, but you can try whatever you like :)

Here is the clip: http://drophammer.fi/SoloClip.mp3

I'll try something this weekend on it.

edit: I just went to checkout Bloodbath (their new one).. they sound a whole lot like Morbid Angel.. specially the Domination Album from what I listened too. Which is a good thing imo.

This is awesome work, dude! :) I like the fact, you´re working with real drums. Is there any replacement there actually? It sounds very natural.

Thanks!

There is about 30% sample in the bassdrum, so not much. Also there are no quantisation at all. I like so much doing natural drumsounds but it totally depends on the drummer and of course the style of the band :)

Thanks!

There is about 30% sample in the bassdrum, so not much. Also there are no quantisation at all. I like so much doing natural drumsounds but it totally depends on the drummer and of course the style of the band :)

You´re welcome, dude!

Did he use any click? I know some drummers, prefer to play without click, because of subtle tempo changes.

I hear you, of course for engineers it´s much more comfortable, when drummer is playing with click. Can I ask what gear you use for tracking drums?

In this session i used:
Preamps:10x Ms audiotron from 1980's
4xYamaha Pm-100 1970's
3xSoundcraft spirit studio to Rme fireface800

OH: Oktava mk-012 (michael joly mod)
Toms: Sennheiser bf 504 /FT Beyerdynamic M88
Snare: Sm57+Md441U
Bd: Akg d112
HH: Sm7
HH2: Rode nt5
Ride: Shure pg81
Room: 2x Rm700 ribbon in blumlein & RM100 ribbon

Thats all i can remember for now :)

And here is my gearlist (in finnish but maybe you can understand what are the devices) http://drophammer.fi/laitteet.html

In this session i used:
Preamps:10x Ms audiotron from 1980's
4xYamaha Pm-100 1970's
3xSoundcraft spirit studio to Rme fireface800

OH: Oktava mk-012 (michael joly mod)
Toms: Sennheiser bf 504 /FT Beyerdynamic M88
Snare: Sm57+Md441U
Bd: Akg d112
HH: Sm7
HH2: Rode nt5
Ride: Shure pg81
Room: 2x Rm700 ribbon in blumlein & RM100 ribbon

Thats all i can remember for now :)

And here is my gearlist (in finnish but maybe you can understand what are the devices) http://drophammer.fi/laitteet.html

Maaan, thank you very much for sharing this :kickass: The microphone selection looks very tasty! You spent a lot of money for this, but this is definitively hearable. Got a big room/studio for drum records or pretty normal "homerecording" environment?

edit: Ahhh alright, I saw the pictures in your gallery. This question is pretty answered already :) Nice page btw.

Maaan, thank you very much for sharing this :kickass: The microphone selection looks very tasty! You spent a lot of money for this, but this is definitively hearable. Got a big room/studio for drum records or pretty normal "homerecording" environment?

The studio is quite small but not a "home" studio. It's 50m2 and the live room is about 35m2. There is also very nice long "hall" outside so you can get very nice reverb sound for slower material http://drophammer.fi/images/studio12.jpg

Hahaha this is fuckin awesome!

Dude, if you have problems to find anyone, who´s willing to contribute, let me name some of the best lead guys I made experience with here at the forum. Azistenostora, Shreddy Marz, Keregioz, Metaltastic, The_Shred, Skinny Viking, Goddamn guitar, Lasse Lammert..(I´m sure, I forgot some) If you wanna hear them, just check my thread, dude.

Very nice solo man! :)

Let's see what others will come up and then i will play these to the other band members.

This song is going to be "net single" from our forthcoming album, so of course the soloist gets credited. The actual album is going to be littlebit late because our drummers has some leg problems and thats why we are making this singe for now.

Hahaha this is fuckin awesome!

Dude, if you have problems to find anyone, who´s willing to contribute, let me name some of the best lead guys I made experience with here at the forum. Azistenostora, Shreddy Marz, Keregioz, Metaltastic, The_Shred, Skinny Viking, Goddamn guitar, Lasse Lammert..(I´m sure, I forgot some) If you wanna hear them, just check my thread, dude.

Thanks for the list, THE GUNSLINGER`S KA was totally awsome!

:) Thanks!
Im pretty sure you will get some awesome solos from the other guys around here!
This board has some kickass guitarists!
:headbang:
Hope you will find something that fits the project!

/Sebastian

I should've asked this first but what is the bpm for the two sections.. Logic's bpm estimation is 119.1 for the blast section but it doesn't seem quite right.

Nice solo Sebastian, definitely much better in context too :)