Guest solo for Jhakwe (probably my fav. so far!)

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Hey dudes, Jhakwe was kind enough to let me contribute a solo to one of his songs (here's the thread with the original), and I have to say I'm especially proud of this one! Comments appreciated! (and yes, I know the solo is too loud, in this case that's the point :D)

Soundclick
Metaltastic Guest Solo for Jhakwe.mp3

And stay tuned for when he posts the final song, cuz it also has a guest solo by our own Felix Neumann! (and is an awesome song in general :headbang: )

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it, especially all the mention of taste, cuz above all else that's what I strive for! Joe, umm, the scale/mode the song is in, I guess :lol: (B minor I'm pretty sure) Honestly, while I do know a decent amount of theory, I have almost no ability at linking it to my playing; rather, I go strictly by ear, cuz I have a really strong innate sense of key and knowing when a note is sour.

And Erik, I would really love to contribute a solo to one of your songs dude, preferably something fucking absurdly epic - let me know! :D

Thanks a lot Keith! Don't wanna toot my own horn too much, but I really feel when it comes to leads the tone is in the fingers, at least far more with rhythm (to put it another way, I find I have to do SO much less tweaking to get a good lead tone I like, compared to my endless obsessing over getting the amp settings for the chuggas just right)

And to further emphasize the point, while I would never dream of comparing myself to him, Per Nilsson recorded all of his solos on Symmetric in Design with a freakin' V-amp! (and direct-in, no less)

The solo is nice and Well phrased

but i my opinion it would be nice to have juste a tiny bit of shredding somewhere in the middle. Not something to fancy but i think the whole thing calls for some speed at a certain point otherwise very nice tone

Cheers from Switzerland

Nicolas

Oh fucking yeah!! It´s great, Marcus. Respect for technique, feeling/phrasings and your awesome sound!!

We both cannot hide, that we dig Evergrey a lot, but this style fits perfectly to Jhakwe´s song :)

I've held me back, but here is my (not so spectacular) guest solo for the song. Here we go:

Felix guest solo

Can´t wait to hear the finished song!!! :)