Another Lackluster Video...A Burden for Opeth to bear...

i think the only interesting thing about the vid is that we get to make fun of Per's new beard. Other than that, this is no different than watching a live show with no audience...if you threw in a few pretty pictures.
IMO Grand Conjuration vid takes the cake...

Nooooooo Meanspark! Don't go!

I think Travis should do the visual conceptualization for their videos and then someone else can help with the actual creation of it. That'd be amazing.

It would be more awesome if the band were playing in a dead forest in the middle of winter under a full moon... THAT would be interesting.

I prefer PH's video.
What I don't like of both videos (including the one for TGC) are the lack of sense and concept. A lot of images and things but they don't connect with one concept or anything at all, which is weird since opeth lyric's are full of ideas and this isn't a band that lacks of concept.
I just can't connect those videos with the songs or with opeth. I don't think that the gothic thing has anything to do with opeth at all. Sure it is dark music and whatever, but is not about gothic chicks or things like that.
Sure if this were lacuna coil it would fit, but it isn't, and I don't see any relation at all.
If you mute the music you get a good looking video, still it doesn't have sense, but all the aesthetic thing is good, now, with the music I don't get it.

Talk about poor directing and cutting up the song all you want - I think we all know that it was Per's beard that ruined the video.