Another London Bombing?? Does anyone have any more info?

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, Johnny boy owned it pretty hard. But I still don't see the connection with Iraq and terrorism. Remember the initial reason for THAT war was weapons of mass destruction. You know, those enigmatic, mystical and funnily enough non-existent things they found in Iraq.

Shouldn't it be linked to Afghanistan, as that was what the original 'war on terrorism' started with?

Yea the lack of weapons is still a sticking point, the media seems to have forgotton about it and just gone after Bush. Although I think Saddam needed taking out, the way they went about it was kinda bad.

Afganastan or US policy (for years). Since they are so big, and do what is best for them (weapons, aid, afganistan, the UN) its always going to piss some-one off. The media seems to be more behind the anti american bs more than ever.

3 parties responsible for the terrorism
1. the terrorists (obviously)
2. bush and his cronies
3. blair and his cronies

MetallicaRox said:
3 parties responsible for the terrorism
1. the terrorists (obviously)
2. bush and his cronies
3. blair and his cronies

So it was Bush that rode that horse into troy? And hijacked that airliner and took it to Entebbe airport? Tony Blair blew up the american embassy in Nigeria? (orsomewhere else in africa), and set the bombs off in Bali that killed lots of Australians? No, you talk as if terrorism was only invented in the last five years.

Looking for a Job said:
they actually found some video of the terrorist with the bomb:

batmanbomb.gif

excellent!! :tickled:

well kiddies, nobody seems to remember that america started the war on its own, ILLEGALLY. the UN did NOT agree to invade iraq. and now the reason why america wanted to go into war was false too, which makes it worse.

america still has people captive on guantanamo, ILLEGALLY.

yes, i think they brought some of it down on themselves...

They found a stockpile of weapons and parts and I remember seeing video footage of it on TV, a year later they were like "someone stole it" and I still think its funny how retarded everyone is about the WMD's, its almost like nobody saw that on TV -or- they pretend they didn't... kerry supporters. :tickled:

AnTz0r said:
well kiddies, nobody seems to remember that america started the war on its own, ILLEGALLY. the UN did NOT agree to invade iraq. and now the reason why america wanted to go into war was false too, which makes it worse.

america still has people captive on guantanamo, ILLEGALLY.

yes, i think they brought some of it down on themselves...
The UN is corrupt and shouldn't necessarily have controll over the whole world. We're not even a member of the UN.

Hell, I agree with Oinkness. All the UN does is go around looking for problems and then tells some-one else to fix them, Darfur, Bosnia, Zimbabwe, East Timor ect. And they are corrupt oil for food was a joke. The UN is a joke.

Saddam was making weapons, there were airstrikes against these routinely, my prob with the case for war was saying they were an imminant thread. He was a dumb ass but dumb enough to use them against the US. Oinky, there was also a story about plutonium from Iraq, and that supposedly went missing to.

Hundreds of people die in Iraq every day, no one cares.

1 person gets injured in UK, people open threads everywhere and wants to know if it's something serious.

Anyways I hope damn terrorists will stop blowing themselves.

Arnold Layne said:
...even terrorism against the UK has been done before.

That made me laugh out loud!

What do you mean "even". Apart from the last few years we have been having bombings, shootings and kneecapping throughout various parts of the UK and Ireland.

It is something that my generation have grown up with.

The worst part about a lot of the IRA bombings that went on (and believe me, there were fuck loads of them), is that a large proportion (I am led to believe the majority) of the IRA funding came from the USofA.

One thing that bugged the hell out of me about the war on terrorism was the complete hypocrisy of the situation.

AlexGuinness said:
That made me laugh out loud!

What do you mean "even". Apart from the last few years we have been having bombings, shootings and kneecapping throughout various parts of the UK and Ireland.

It is something that my generation have grown up with.

The worst part about a lot of the IRA bombings that went on (and believe me, there were fuck loads of them), is that a large proportion (I am led to believe the majority) of the IRA funding came from the USofA.

One thing that bugged the hell out of me about the war on terrorism was the complete hypocrisy of the situation.

Yeh it seems to be a trend in history, but thats how America has its huge war budget, they sell all the old shit to their enemies or people with fucken $$ and then guess what?

They get to try out their new gear against their old gear, i mean if that isnt true bench-marking in war i dont know what is. GOD BLESS AMERICA

police stopped a suspect guy with a rucksack.. made him get on the floor and take it off etc..
blokes in chemical suits were sent in but i heard something about nailbombs.
There was something like 4 bombs and there's the chance they didn't go off - on BBC they said it seemed they were detonators rather than bombs.
Been called a serious incident but nowhere near as bad as the first one.
thats all i can remember

Oinkness said:
The UN is corrupt and shouldn't necessarily have controll over the whole world. We're not even a member of the UN.

But the American government is not corrupt? And the US should be allowed to rampage as it pleases?

The UN is at least an attempt at democracy, it will fail in as long as America and others disregard it.