Another new mix from me (SS Drums, Guitarhack KRANK reamp etc)

Peavey 6505 Mix (with more gain) & Vocals

Krank Revolution Mix

This is from the same band that I recorded last december with Needles, and indabinladen. As I'm at uni right now, I can't mic up the guitars, so Guitarhack very kindly reamped through his Krank. Vocals will be coming soon :)

What do you guys think? I went for a meshuggah-esque bass tone and getting it sitting right is quite hard, it can either blend in with the guitars too much, or become to obtrusive.

that was awesome. everything blends with each other well. i'm listening on crappy headphones so i can't give you an accurate description but it's pretty heavy. what band is this?

Cheers guys :)

Yeah this is definitely low gain kind of stuff - I told GuitarHack to keep the gain low, and let the TS do a lot of the work. With this band, I like having the gain low to get the notes out, and it also brings out a bit more of a chug in the palm mutes.

The band is called Vs Akira, if you google them I'm sure you can find their myspace with an older song I did with them.

Really loving that guitar tone (great choice on keeping the gain low), and the drums sound great!

Only complaint... that clean arpeggiated part. Maybe pan hard l/r and brighten it up/add more verb? As-is, it's sitting more 'on-top' of the mix, than in it, for me.

When I hear the song, it feels like it's more low end in the guitars than the kick and bass together. If you change the balance to the kick/bass favor, I think you'll find it easier to make the bass sit in the mix.

OK guys, 6505 time!

I think its mastered too hot, I'll do it a bit softer later if its too much of a problem. I think I'm preferring the 6505 tone - its more midrangey and sounds generally bigger to me :) Once again thanks to Guitarhack for doing this and being seriously quick - this forum is seriously the best.

6505 Mix

am i the only one noticing that the guitars sound flubbery than hell? More so than a Marshall or Mesa Recto, almost like a reamp or direct in was done without any DI or Reamping box, the harmonic richness of the guitar tone is good, but extremely spongy attack makes me want to hurl, and i think it could use quite a bit more gain, metal is supposed to have more gain, not less. you said that you were having problems getting the notes to really come out, getting rid of the flubber will allow you to turn that gain up and still keep the clarity.

every thing else sounds fine, sick tune, bass drum could use more direct mic volume and eq some more bass, too clicky and not enough umph!