krank/mesa/5150 shootout

OK, probably time for a new thread as this will get confusing!

amps in question:

Mesa Triple Rec (orange channel, bold, silicone diodes)
Peavey 6505 (red channel, hi gain input)
Krank Revolution 1

Cab was Mesa OS

Guitar was a PRS C22 with vintage pickups

TS was a maxon od808

mic was a 57, pre/conversion mackie onyx 800R

only EQ was HP and LP, except on the just peavey one, where there was some slight treble boosts.

1. Just Mesa
2. Just Peavey
3. Just Krank
4. Mesa + Peavey
5. Mesa + Krank
6. Peavey + Krank

EDIT: just in case you are interested in hearing how JUST the guitars themselves sound out of the mix - here you go:

just HP/LP and notch at 3500

6505 only
triple rec only
krank only

fire away!

The Krank always strikes me as an amp that's cool for double tracking with another amp, just like Mesa and Peaveys, but by itself it's simply too thin and dry, and outside the double/quad tracking process, doesn't work well, sounds thin in live environments.
The Mesa and 6505 are equally as good to me, but obviously good in different areas.

The Krank always strikes me as an amp that's cool for double tracking with another amp, just like Mesa and Peaveys, but by itself it's simply too thin and dry, and outside the double/quad tracking process, doesn't work well, sounds thin in live environments.
The Mesa and 6505 are equally as good to me, but obviously good in different areas.

I agree

They all sound great to me. But I'll be different here, I think I actually prefer the Peavey/Krank blend the most for this. Of course, that might change if I listen to it a few more times.

all very good tones, really. but my fav alone is the Peavey. mixed, i like the Krank and the Peavey.

the 6505 with the krank is my favourite, nice and grit. the 6505 and the messa sound the most professional and solid though.

Shit hot tones dude! Of all I was surprised that the Mesa wasn't as tight a I was expecting, but still a good tone.
How did you keep the fizz factor so low on all of these? It couldn't have just been the LP filter?