krank/mesa/5150 shootout

about 1cm off grill, and I cant see too well but I'd guess the mic is right in the middle of the dustcap and the cone.

I forgot how much I love this cab

Excuse my dumbassedness, but are you saying that the mic is halfway between the edge of the dustcap and the outer edge of the speaker? Or where the dustcap meets the cone?

I really dislike what the Mesa adds to the blend (mud)

I'd pick the peavey only.

WELL IT DISLIKES YOU TOO YOU SPANIARD :Spin: :D

Anyway Eduardo, first off, that is the kick sound of Jesus, and the snare is rockin' as well, bravo! I agree that the Krank and Peavey sound pretty similar to one another; with so many options it's hard to pick which I like the most. I do feel they all could use a bit more saturation and presence and a bit less mud, but I guess I'd say the Mesa + Peavey is my favorite, and the Krank + Mesa is my least favorite (just way too middy IMO), but otherwise they're really all quite similar so I think all would work!

The Krank always strikes me as an amp that's cool for double tracking with another amp, just like Mesa and Peaveys, but by itself it's simply too thin and dry, and outside the double/quad tracking process, doesn't work well, sounds thin in live environments.
The Mesa and 6505 are equally as good to me, but obviously good in different areas.

sup dawg.

my favourite clip is the Krank + Mesa clip as it sounds a tiny bit ballsier, but the one with the Peavey sounds pretty good.

Peavey by itself and peavey and krank together. Doubly glad I didn't get a mesa now.:heh:

Although I must say it's not quite the sound for me. It's as though it's a slightly middier way less tight and defined dimebag sound. I am listening through headphones, whether that has an influence on it, and to me the kick and the snare share a lot of similarities in parts. As I said before, I have different ears to most, but it's just what I am hearing.:loco:

Peavey and Mesa all the way. Individually I'd say it's a tie between the 6505 and Rec depending on what you like.

The peavey is tighter, the individual notes sound better, but it sounds more processed. The Rec is looser but gives you that bigger full sound with whole chords and the added fizz (which some people DO like) is a compliment to the Peavey.

Together they are just gold. :headbang:

This is quad-tracked, right?

I like the Mesa better... sounds the meatiest, to my ears, but not by much, really.