Another post made me think... Anyone here seen Angra live ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
"Acid Rain" is probably in my top 100 songs of all time, but when I saw them live, Edu absolutely butchered it. I had to leave 1/4 of the way through it. I had heard he was a really good live vocalist though. Anyone seen them play live.... except Prog Power USA ?

Bryant

No. They would have played this month here but the timing wasn't right and nobody brought them in the end.

I've seen Angra a couple of times and Edu's voice was in great shape each time I must say. Maybe he had an off night at PP, every singer has to experience that one day or another... :erk:

Fangface said:
I've seen Angra a couple of times and Edu's voice was in great shape each time I must say. Maybe he had an off night at PP, every singer has to experience that one day or another... :erk:

I'm not the biggest fan of their back catalogue, but I really dig "Rebirth." I still spin it once in a while. I can relate to having an off night. When I was playing, I only sang harmony, but their were some nights it came easy and some were difficult. I thought that might be the case with Edu.

Bryant

Saw them at Progpower and saw them in a tiny little club outside of Chicago.
I think they were pissed at the crappy turnout, but they all sounded fine!

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:

J-Dubya

These guys are high on my 'must see' list.

J-Dubya 777 said:

J-Dubya

Ugh!! I missed them when they played that show in Aurora Il.(Party on Wyane, party on Garth) DIdn't they play at Reily's Rockhouse J-Dubya?

Mxgonzo said:
Ugh!! I missed them when they played that show in Aurora Il.(Party on Wyane, party on Garth) DIdn't they play at Reily's Rockhouse J-Dubya?

Yep....
Other than some obvious disappointment, they played their asses off for those of us who were there.

Wasn't that place called Malo's many moons ago? I seem to barely remember seeing Pat Travers there eons ago.

J-Dubya

Henri: They are worth seeing live at least once!

J-Dubya 777 said:
Yep....
Other than some obvious disappointment, they played their asses off for those of us who were there.

Wasn't that place called Malo's many moons ago? I seem to barely remember seeing Pat Travers there eons ago.

J-Dubya

I know buddy; I once got myself some tickets and went to see them. Only to find out that the show was canceled because the singer had some problems with his voice. Bummer :mad: But I will see them when they are in Europe next time.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Yep....

J-Dubya

I think it was Malo's come to think of it.