Another question from the guitar novice.

Jayde

Risparmiarme
Nov 19, 2001
Oklahoma
Okay, this question makes me feel so stupid. But I can't figure out how to out the shoulder strap on! The strap has some strings on one end and the guitar has a little knob on the bottom. But there's no where to put the other side. So what do I do? :confused: :cry: :confused:

The end of the strap without strings goes on the knob on the bottom of the guitar. Tie the other end above the nut,(the nut is the littlie piece of ivory - probably plastic in this case, anyway- at the top of the neck that holds your strings in place before they get to the tuning keys) and under the strings. I'll try to find a pic of my guitar that shows this.

Here's a diagram of what I described above.

strap.jpg

It didn't work.

Okay, Here is the end of the strap that you say goes above the nut. There's no strings.

Attachments

• strap.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 20
OH!!!!! okay! Now it all makes sense. Thank you bunches. If I could hug you I would.

i'm not a retard anymore!!!! YAYYY!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jayde
OH!!!!! okay! Now it all makes sense. Thank you bunches. If I could hug you I would.

i'm not a retard anymore!!!! YAYYY!!!!!!

No thanks necesarry. Just be sure to buy a copy of my CD when it's available at the UM store in the next couple of weeks:D OOPS! Wasn't supposed to say anything about that! Um, can we keep that little nugget of info between us for now?:confused:

~Sighs dreamily..~

I remember back in the day when I started play guitar...

.. & I still suck now.. :loco:

Okay, Analog_Kid.. since you are the guitar master.. ( ;) )
What kind of pedal/s do Opeth use? Do you know...?? :confused:

Originally posted by Saphira
Okay, Analog_Kid.. since you are the guitar master.. ( ;) )
What kind of pedal/s do Opeth use? Do you know...?? :confused:

I don't know their setup so I can't really say. Just to use a educated guess, the bulk of their sound seems to come straight from the amps they use. That's one of the reasons I love their sound. Also, the fact that they record with guitars such as 70's Les Paul's and Strats contributes a great deal to their overall tone. I hope to see Michael utilize his PRS in the studio more in the future.

The only effect I'm reasonably sure of that they use isn't a actual effect. On "Drapery Falls", it appears that Michael has a guitar with a Fernandez sustainer pickup. I played that melody line on blackmetalemp's sustainer axe and it was exactly the same sound as on the album.

It looked to me that they were using the amp distortion and, of course, a footswitch to slam between the two. They may have had a few rack effects on the side, but I didn't notice any.

on their main page go to the discography and after you click on an album they have an equipment option and they put what gear they used for recording that album,as for the sustainer thing it may be an E-Bow seeing as its used on the Blackwater Park tab but I cant tell if this is what Mikael used either way that sustainer would do the trick as well...the only thing I can remember off the top of my head is that they use a Jackson Rhoads to record almost all the solos on the earlier albums...not sure if they used it as much on the later ones,hope my ramble makes some sense......sleepy now:)

well, i was too lazy to get one of the stringy straps, i have a mad strap with all celtic knotwork on it, so i got a guy i know to affix another knobby thing onto the thing at the bottom of the neck (you know where I mean)