Wish Opeth shows had more acoustic

Being a former guitarist, it is possible to play both at the same time. What you could do it play the electric and have a special stand (they are called something...forgot what it is what Anarkissed above was mentioning) that is designed to hold a guitar as if your going to play it. The idea is to play the guitar on the stand while not having to put down your electric guitar.
One hard part of it is you would have to have your pedals in front of it or close to it so you can either use a volume pedal or channel from distortion to clean on your electric. Then you got to be careful you don't bash the acoustic guitar on the stand with the neck or the body of the electric. It also is more difficult to play obviously because you can't see as far in front of you plus the electric guitar still on you and have to get used to a guitar on a stand and have it angled perfectly to play.

To make this even more unlikely is the fact that Mikael is also a singer. So you would have to do all this plus adjust the microphone stand with the acoustic guitar stand and have your pedals laid out for easy access.

There is another band I like from Portland, OR called Agalloch that uses a bunch of electric to acoustic guitar but never uses it live. I think they would sound way better with an additional guitarist just for that reason.

I remember going to a Dream Theater concert where Petrucci had a guitar that had both types of guitars on one guitar. Two sets of 5 strings. I don't play the guitar, so I don't know the technical term, but if he needed acoustic, he played one set of strings, if he needed electric, he played the other. This way he didn't have to switch guitars during the song, just play both on the same one. It was amazing, and I think Opeth could use something like this.

I definitely agree with the op. In fact, one of my biggest complaints with 'Damnation' is that it has too much clean-tone electric and not enough acoustic. I'll take a real acoustic over the alternative almost every time, with some exceptions made to solos and passages where the acoustic just wouldn't have the right sound. But I understand why I'd be a pain in the ass to do this live. 'A man can dream, though. A man can dream.'

Ten points to anyone who gets that quote.

Professor Farnsworth in Futurama.

They could put the acoustic guitar on a stand near by Mike or Fredrik and they could just walk over to it and play it when they need to do the acoustic parts.

pear could play some parts.

lol wut?

It is spelled "Per," sir :p.

And although it is a decent idea, I'm pretty sure he has keyboard parts written into all the old songs already. Plus, it would mean dragging another giant amp on stage for his acoustic.

I really am not satisfied with the acoustic parts being played on clean electric. They should get a third guitarists who can just play the acoustic parts. I volunteer.

Ore they could wear two guitars at once. Keep the acoustic on a strap hanging behind the back, like a backpack almost, then do a quick spin and switch the guitars quickly. It would look cool and then they would have the dynamic that makes their music so unique. Ive tested this out its tricky but possible.

has anybody else realized that this would look completely retarded? besides the fact that its inevitable that at some point one of them would lose their balance and tip over backwards, smashing the acoustic guitar into oblivion?

while they're at it they may as well have kick drums at their feet, harmonicas in their mouths and maraca's strapped to their forearms.

Ok maybe i'm going a bit overboard