Wish Opeth shows had more acoustic

Tangled

Mar 10, 2008
I really am not satisfied with the acoustic parts being played on clean electric. They should get a third guitarists who can just play the acoustic parts. I volunteer.

Ore they could wear two guitars at once. Keep the acoustic on a strap hanging behind the back, like a backpack almost, then do a quick spin and switch the guitars quickly. It would look cool and then they would have the dynamic that makes their music so unique. Ive tested this out its tricky but possible.

I totally agree, but like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
part of the live experience is the songs dont sound exactly like the album

i def. agree with that however that doesnt mean they cant use acoustics live... Im sure it will still sound different than the album. Some bands have acoustics attached somewhere but i mean idk. Im still fine with what opeth is doing live but yeah acoustics would be pretty cool to hear live.

I believe that Mike has stated that if his signature model PRS guitar goes ahead, he will be interested in having a piezo pickup fitted so he can get better acoustic sounds.

When I saw them in april, when they played Demon of the Fall they played the acoustic bits on clean electric and it sounded really nice and psychedelic. dunno what effect or anything, but it was lush. I don't remember if they did that for all the songs with acoustic bits but yeah, it was different and awesome

I definitely agree with the op. In fact, one of my biggest complaints with 'Damnation' is that it has too much clean-tone electric and not enough acoustic. I'll take a real acoustic over the alternative almost every time, with some exceptions made to solos and passages where the acoustic just wouldn't have the right sound. But I understand why I'd be a pain in the ass to do this live. 'A man can dream, though. A man can dream.'

Ten points to anyone who gets that quote.