• Through the Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Army of One

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Orfanos

Apr 19, 2005
Greece
I feel that there are not many posts at the forum lately, so I decided to create another one of these polls. :D

So, vote for your favorite Riot album. For me, there was not a big problem to choose Thundersteel. :heh:

This was a REALLY hard one but I went for "Thundersteel", then maybe:

"Fire Down Under"
"Sons Of Society"
"The Brethren of the Long House"
"Inishmore"

for a top five.

And I want to mention "Riot Live", "Live In Japan" and "Shine On" as worthy live albums to have.

NP: Arabesque - 'Naked'

I have to go with Fire Down Under. Its just one of those albums that really stood out back then. Like Trans said it was an album that got constant play.

I voted for Thundersteel but I haven't even heard most of them. Hell, you can't even buy 90% of them on cd anyway because they're OOP, some reissuing would be appropriate I think.

However if this would've been a poll about the singers, Mike DiMeo is my pick. Inishmore and the last two are rock solid performances and he's doing great in Masterplan now too.

tsorl, I think that all the Riot albums have been re-issued. Some months ago I found a very good rerelease of "Narita" in a local shop (and I bought it of course) and you can easily find all their albums at eBay.

As for the singers, I thought right after I submitted the poll that it would be better if I created one for the Riot's singers. :)

Narita is actually pretty much the only pre-2000 album that I've come across in online stores in the last few years. It was re-released by Rock Candy records a few years ago. I don't use eBay but so far I've managed to get Thundersteel, Inishmore and Sons of Society on cd, all second-hand and original pressings (Thundersteel even with the old cardboard longbox thing :cool:). Fire Down Under, Privilege of Power, Nightbreaker... no luck and I've asked around quite a bit. :erk:

Narita is actually pretty much the only pre-2000 album that I've come across in online stores in the last few years. It was re-released by Rock Candy records a few years ago. I don't use eBay but so far I've managed to get Thundersteel, Inishmore and Sons of Society on cd, all second-hand and original pressings (Thundersteel even with the old cardboard longbox thing :cool:). Fire Down Under, Privilege of Power, Nightbreaker... no luck and I've asked around quite a bit. :erk:

I bought Narita as European pressing was a bit expensive but I brought it with a haul of cheapier albums to dilute the impact. Try CDUniverse, Amazon, LaserCD, MetalDisc and The End.

The album that was the most difficult to me to get in it's due time was "The Privilege Of Power", but now it's all over the online stores.

Machiavel - 'After The Crop'

The album that was the most difficult to me to get in it's due time was "The Privilege Of Power", but now it's all over the online stores.

Same here, I tried a lot to find it and I finally bought it used, but in excellent condition. I say the original CD pressing, not the Metalworks re-issue that it's much easier to find.

I also admit that I don't own all the Riot CDs. I still don't have "Rock City" and "Restless Breed" from their early works and the majority of the DiMeo recordings (Inishmore, Sons..., Through... which I have listened from mp3 though).

Same here, I tried a lot to find it and I finally bought it used, but in excellent condition. I say the original CD pressing, not the Metalworks re-issue that it's much easier to find.

I also admit that I don't own all the Riot CDs. I still don't have "Rock City" and "Restless Breed" from their early works and the majority of the DiMeo recordings (Inishmore, Sons..., Through... which I have listened from mp3 though).

I own all but the Rhett era ones, maybe someday I will pay attention to them. And yes I also have the original Epic pressing of TPOP.

And MikeDiMeo is my favorite singer , pretty sad that he left for masterplan as well as Jarzombek left, he was the best drummer their ever had.

NP: Intruder - Killing Winds'

Epic? Mine is CBS release and I knew that this is the original. Anyway.

For favorite singer my vote goes to Guy Speranza. But DiMeo is also fantastic and I feel that Masterplan is a very "small" band for him.

I have to pick Fire Down Under as my favorite Riot album.

I also would say that Guy Speranza is my favorite vocalist;then would be Rhett Forrester

I don't have much of the Late 90's stuff-but Dudes!... I got Rock City and Fire Down Under and Restless Breed on vinyl too!!!!!!????:loco:

Thundersteel was the first Riot vinyl I owned but before that I had FDU on tape. They both are special to me, maybe the former a short head in front because it was pretty fast at the time. IMO it kicked Helloween's Keeper 2 into touch.

Thundersteel by a mile for me, easily in my top 5 albums of all time.

Heathen! Fire Down Under by a mile :)
I remember hearing Road Racing on a compilation, might have been Castle Donnington or Live & Heavy, then along came FDU, and most of the Chicago radio stations were playing Swords & Tequila.

www.harder-edged-music.com has FDU, and is VERY reputable. They will ship anywhere as well, plus he's got the Metal Blade version with the bonus tracks.... If it's listed, 99.9% of the time, he has it in stock..

http://www.harder-edged-music.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=65_90&products_id=933

Epic? Mine is CBS release and I knew that this is the original. Anyway.

You're right, I thought it was Epic, but it's CBS (before Sony purchase it).

NP: Megadeth - 'United Abominations'