Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Sons of Society

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Through the Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Army of One

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Thundersteel! In my mind, one of the best (and earliest) Power Metal Albums ever. Why it never got the Helloween recognition is beyond me. The opener of Bloodstreets still gives chills to this day.

Steve in Philly

Thundersteel! In my mind, one of the best (and earliest) Power Metal Albums ever. Why it never got the Helloween recognition is beyond me.

Because Riot played on this album real power metal, as it had to be, and Helloween played tralala music for happy children. That's why. :heh:

THOSE were the days! The Loop & WMET duking it out all day, all night. T'was a great time to be a metal fan in Chicago! :headbang:
Sadly, there remains nothing even CLOSE to what was achieved back then... :(

Tell me about! WTF happened? Every time I even bother to turn on The Loop all I ever hear is Ridin' the Storm out, You Really got me or Sweet Emotion.:puke:

Moreover no one has voted for the DiMeo era :zombie:

This is not so strange, because I think that the only DiMeo era that can beat their previous works is "Sons of Society".

But "TPOP" is really competitive with "Fire Down Under" and "Thundersteel" imo.

Couldn't decide between Thundersteel and Inishmore, and still voted for the latter... If nothing for being against the grain :p
Can't get a grasp of the FDU raving I see all over internet though... Good stuff, but not THAT great IMO.

Always nice to see more Riot maniacs around! God, how I'd like to see that band live, even with Tirelli...

Thundersteel is pretty damn good, Fire Down Under, Privilege of Power too

good, good band

Knowing there's so much love for Tony Moore here...check out Faith & Fire with Tony Moore and Mike Flyntz. I picked it up from CD Baby (where you can also find song samples)...

Rock on!