anthrax 12 on billboard

I have to wonder how many more copies they might have sold had there not been a few other metal/hard rock releases the same week. Could be interesting to see over the next week or so how many more sales they pick up from the folks that picked up Dream Theatre, Alice Cooper, Bush, etc...last week.

I have to wonder how many more copies they might have sold had there not been a few other metal/hard rock releases the same week. Could be interesting to see over the next week or so how many more sales they pick up from the folks that picked up Dream Theatre, Alice Cooper, Bush, etc...last week.

I got Worship Music and the new Bush on release date. Looks like Bush beat Primus and Alice Cooper. :lol:

Worship Music", the new studio album from ANTHRAX, sold 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 12 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous studio CD, 2003's "We've Come For You All", opened with just under 10,000 units to debut at No. 122

WM = #12
WCFYA = #122

Guess the Bush era really is better. :rolleyes:

I love the new album, and I love the fact that Joey is back in the band.
But seriously: Since when did album sales become an indication of quality?

I love the new album, and I love the fact that Joey is back in the band.
But seriously: Since when did album sales become an indication of quality?

Its not just the album sales, its the fact that they went down the tubes and almost into extinction in the Bush era. Now that Joey is back they are finally enjoying big success again and are relevant again in the metal world.

Its not just the album sales, its the fact that they went down the tubes and almost into extinction in the Bush era. Now that Joey is back they are finally enjoying big success again and are relevant again in the metal world.

Salesnumbers seem positive indeed. Cynical as I am I'd give it a year or two before I call it "big success". We know this band is one to flip, change and bomb without warning.

While Anthrax is getting some success right now it is far from 'big success'. They fucked up any chance they had with 'big success' the second they decided to fire Joey, and ultimately Spitz was gone and they went on to change their sound to be more 'modern'. The band became a laughing stock to most old school Anthrax fans. This band will never regain all of those fans they lost when they did that. That is something impossible to recover from. That is what prevented them from going on to be a band like Slayer who can still pack in 5-10k fans in a small arena, big theater type venue. Anthrax is still a large club band. Anthrax used to be a band that could fill 5-10k. But that went down the shitter really fast when they changed their sound and metal itself started to fade out. But if they would have just stuck to their guns, didn't panic to keep up with what was modern at the time they would be in the same place bands like Slayer are at right now.

But I am glad they are at least getting some publicity from Joey being back in the band. I am not a huge fan of the new CD. But I really do love the fact that Joey is getting the last laugh at Scatt and Charlie right now. The only thing better would be if Joey threatened to quit unless he was given 75 percent of all profits :D He has them by the balls and I am pretty sure they know that and is why they kiss his ass in every interview.

Without Big 4 shows those "So called fans" wouldn't even know that Joey is back...my friends who went to Sonisphere 2010 were surprised to see Anthrax with that "Indian looking mullet head - what's his name again?"...and they were NOT the ONLY ones who didn't know who are in Anthrax.
But hey - they are Iron Maiden fans so forgive them...:)

T:)

Yes, #2 is terrible!

World Painted Blood was never was #2 on the Billboard top 200. Maybe on some other chart but not the Billboard top 200. I think they were at like 14 or something when it came out which is still amazing for a band that gets absolutely NO radio play and only sells records because they have some of the most die hard fans in the world that appreciate them for always staying true to form.

World Painted Blood was never was #2 on the Billboard top 200. Maybe on some other chart but not the Billboard top 200. I think they were at like 14 or something when it came out which is still amazing for a band that gets absolutely NO radio play and only sells records because they have some of the most die hard fans in the world that appreciate them for always staying true to form.

Edit- Slayer were top 5 in the Hard rock charts for WPB.