Anthrax Adelaide Gig

shane_Anthrax_Mullan

New Metal Member
What a awesome night it was the mighty anthrax where here, here are the songs they played there not in order i was too drunk :loco: it's close enough.
1/what dosen't die
2/got the time
3/inside out
4/only
5/fueled
6/caught in a mosh
7/antisocial
8/madhouse
9/NFL
10/metal thrashing mad
12/whole lotta rosie

This so called security guy at heaven was a absolute dickhead here's what happened
during antisocial a guy got up on the stage staggering over to scotty to say hi scotty gave him the thumbs up and staggered over to charlie. that's when this security idiot and the grabbed him around the neck and tried to put him to the ground that's when hell broke loose then john walked up to the security guy and said what the fuck are you doing this security guy turned around and tried to take a swing at john that's when scotty stopped playing walked over to him and gave him a mouthfull told him to get the fuck out of heaven and the whole crowd told him to piss off it was awesome and the security guy stormed out of heaven the awesome bit was john hit the security guy on the head with the microphone i can remember john saying to him the fans are here to mosh out and have a good time there not here to hurt anyone.that's all i can remember i picked up a signed drum skin from charlie i'm gonna get this framed and a tour t-shirt.
Thanks Anthrax for a Awesome night i'll never forget This night :headbang:.
Killswitch Engage and Soilwork were awesome as well,one more thing the Gig started late all the bands equipment got sent to (Jakarta) indonesia airport
instead of Adelaide airport.I can remember John saying adelaide we,ve had a shit of day with the bands equipment been sent to the wrong country and all but you fans have made it worth while.

StayMetal :headbang:
Shane Mullan

Just got back from the Melbourne gig.

Arrived at 7
Gates opened at 7:30
Embodiment played 8-8:30
KSE 9-9:40
Soilwork 10:10-11
Anthrax 11:30-1am

Anthrax played (after Blues Brothers intro + Contact)
What Doesn't die
Got The Time
Caught In A Mosh
Room For One More
Safe Home
AntiSocial
Madhouse
Fueled
NFL
Only
Be All, End All
Deathrider
I Am The Law (Absolute Ownage, best song I think)
Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC Cover)
Bring The Noise

Soilwork Played
Figure Number Five
Bastard Chain
As We Speak
The Flamout
Overload
something I can't remember (x2)
Distortion Sleep
Rejection Role
Like The Average Stalker
Follow The Hollow

And I don't really know KSe's catalogue.

Thats roughly the order, may be 1 or two in the other way but I think I've got all the songs. The only bad thing from the gig was that much of the Soilwork/KSE instruments/vox faded into one another and became unrecognisible. (Prolly due to their style of singing) which was ok but not great.

It was fucking loud as it should be.

Anthrax's I Am The Law (a personal fav) was fucking awesome, lets say best song of the night by far.

The Soilwork guitarist (beady: sorry don't know his name) fucking worse a Motley Crue: Theater of Pain T-Shirt while performing, :headbang: and between sets they played Motorhead+Maiden(mostley maiden [notb, can i play with madness, fear of the dark, run to the hills, bring your daughter, the evil that men do, 2 minutes, be quick or be dead, running free])+a bit of motley and something else I failed to recognise due to me being too fucked up from the soilwork set.

And as always I was 3-4 rows from the front in the middle of the mosh for both those bands. Fuck I'm so high and so tired at the same time. Weird. The mosh was fucking brutal, worse than Slayer/MH in 01. Much worse IMO I expcet to wake up with a few bruises tomorrow. Also I got to touch the Soilwork lead singers head when he stage dived, I'm so cool.

I AM SO!!!!

And the KSE lead singer popped out through the soilwork set. And KSE's guitarist Adam is one fucking hilarious and weird dude. He by far had the best talky bits

Twas a fairly good show.

-Dave

One thing I gotta mention is that considering the band were using borrowed equipment at the Adelaide Gig and all the trouble they did have (poor Rob's guitar kept fucking up) they were awesome and so professional - they sounded magnificent - my ears are still ringing :) ... The Adelaide crowd were hot for this one and it was a killer night. Pity we didn't get I am the Law but I feel the band produced the goods considering all the shit that was against them from the outset.

Anthrax - THANK YOU :)

yer man ... Scott and John were going Pompey on this wanker.

I swear I still can't believe how loud they were - Charlies double bass assualt at the beginning of What Doesn't Die was like fuckn machine gun fire!

They were so appreciative of us and said we made it worthwhile for all the crap that had happened b4 hand!

The crowd was an interesting mix of Nu-metalers and Old Schoolers (myself) ... funny I almost felt a sort of rivalry too. As for the other bands they were pretty cool but to be honest Anthrax blew em away! Is it me or does Rob's onstage smug look as he plays the guitar remind you of Dave Murray from Maiden?

Oh and Joey Vera - fantastic job man! Your intro on Got the Time was spot on ;)

Awesome show - I cant add much more to whats been said. I did post a review on the Anthrax Australia website which has been posted under the name of Emma - I was using my sister in law's PC to email it through and forgot to sign off on it!!!!!!

The Brisbane one was fsking good... I think they had thier own gear by then ... I cant remember the set list but here's how the night panned out

7:30 arive at the arina and line up
8:00 doors where supposed to open, havent yet, there's a queue around the block
8:20~ doors open, we rush the bar .. a hell of a long wait as they're still setting up and doing sound checks
9:15~ Embodiment start .. Good set .. decent stage presence
10~ Kill switch engage come on .. The crows instantly dispurses as a few dead shits in the middle are "slam dancing" (try hard fly kicking people, swinging thier fists around) .. once again .. great set .. great stage presence
11~ Soilwork come on .. crowd has settled down, everyone gets into some `banging' \m/ .. again .. great set, great stage presence .. great audience interaction
12~ The mighty `thrax come out .. after what seams a eternity heh .. lots of flashing lights, great sound setup (seriously .. I reckon these guys put on a better stage show then the 32 million $'s a year Metallica.. and it was much louder then the Metallica gig .. allthough the room was smaller) .. lots of banging .. a bit of crowd surfing (despite the compulsary "do not stage dive or crowd surf warnings)

12:45~ ? Anthrax finish thier first set and walk off .. crowd goes wild .. "ANTHRAX ANTHRAX ANTHRAX" .. They walk back out and play for another 45 minutes

1:30am Anthrax finished up .. Thanks the audience (they where all the way through "you guys fucking rock" etc) Southpark's "Shut your fucking face uncle fucker" comes over the pa.. crowd starts heading for the only entrence to the place ..

1:45am get home, drink some more and listen to some music with my brother

Fucking great night, I hope you guys keep your promise of returning sooner then 8 years this time!

Charlie

---------------------------------
www.brismetal.com - coming soon