Adelaide Show

ThraxSA

Apr 10, 2005
My ears are still ringing but I am still internally buzzing about last night's show.

Joey was sensational and had a great stage presence, he just appeared to be soaking up every moment with the rest of the band.

They were so appreciative of being in Adelaide and I have no doubt, most of the crowd would of returned the compliment. Personally, I just found the night so entertaining and these guys really know how to put on a show.

It was kinda funny when they started with Among the Living and we couldn't heard Joey - for a second I thought that we were just singing too loud until a roadie handed him another mic !!!

I must pay a compliment to Mortal Sin as well - while it has been a long time since I have listened to my copy of Face of Despair (on cassette !!), they really put a great opening act and some of those old tunes did fly back into my head (I forgot how good those songs were).

I was great to catch up with some fellow board members and say g'day - TimmyC - good job on getting a pick ;)

So to Mr Wu and rest of the guys, all I can say is thank you so much for chosing Australian as part of your tour.. you guys will always be welcome back (good to see you with your own equipment this time in Adelaide - thankyou to the airline company !!!)

:headbang:

Great show.

Best show I have ever been to.

I was so excited.

Best line-up ever.

And the set list, by my memory, but probably not in order;

Among The Living
Got The Time
Caught In A Mosh
A.I.R.
Antisocial
Madhouse
Deathrider
NFL
Medusa
In My World
Be All, End All
Metal Thrashing Mad
Indians
I'm The Man
I Am The Law

I think that was it.

Cyclonus said:
Great show.

Best show I have ever been to.

I was so excited.

Best line-up ever.

And the set list, by my memory, but probably not in order;

Among The Living
Got The Time
Caught In A Mosh
A.I.R.
Antisocial
Madhouse
Deathrider
NFL
Medusa
In My World
Be All, End All
Metal Thrashing Mad
Indians
I'm The Man
I Am The Law

I think that was it.

:headbang: Cool that they played Deathrider! :headbang: I don't think they've played that yet on the reunion tour, or have they? Either way that song kicks ass! :headbang: Glad you had an amazing time! :headbang:

thraxx said:
Another great show..... But NO headress............... HA......

I doubt he will (unless a fan throws one onstage, or gives it to him) rock the headress, but it'd be AWESOME if he did! That reminds me on Clash Of The Titans, as a joke Tom Araya, wore a black and white headress at a show for a couple of tunes, and the guys from Anthrax caught wind of it I guess, and were throwing eggs at him, as he was coming off the stage! That woulda been HILARIOUS to see! :lol:

mrthrax said:
it was funny in sydney seeing him get handed a headress,makes for a great show.

:headbang: I should try and find a headress before Anthrax makes it up to Toronto! It'd RULE to give Joey the headress that he wore at the show you went to! :headbang:

Great show - my ears are shot to bits after last night and Melbourne the night before!!
The throat ain't any better either - too much screaming......as for my neck.....

My only small gripe is that the Adelaide set was exactly the same as the night before in Melbourne - minus the New Level bit and Time, which were both awesome. It would have been great to get a different song or two in there, like Keep It.. or Lone Justice or something. But it's Anthrax - it's all good.

Also good to meet up with ThraxSA and AliasP - heads up to you for spotting me out - good thing I stayed true to my word and remembered to wear the right shirt!!! Hope the missus didn't give yopu any grief for the extra shirt purchase T-SA!!!!!

Enjoy the Perth gig to anyone reading here that's going.

Didn't he wear a head-dress?

Are we talking the Indians thing here? If so, then he did. But threw it off after it covered his eyes too much.

Thanks Timmy - sounds like it will be an awesome show!
We're so pumped 'bout the instore tonight let alone the gig - weird...the adrenalin is starting to churn as I type!!

Geez its gonna be great to have that ol' feeling in the neck an' ears again......
Cheers to all the SA thrax fans :headbang:

timmyc said:
Great show - my ears are shot to bits after last night and Melbourne the night before!!
The throat ain't any better either - too much screaming......as for my neck.....

My only small gripe is that the Adelaide set was exactly the same as the night before in Melbourne - minus the New Level bit and Time, which were both awesome. It would have been great to get a different song or two in there, like Keep It.. or Lone Justice or something. But it's Anthrax - it's all good.

Also good to meet up with ThraxSA and AliasP - heads up to you for spotting me out - good thing I stayed true to my word and remembered to wear the right shirt!!! Hope the missus didn't give yopu any grief for the extra shirt purchase T-SA!!!!!

qusestion for u timmy,do u think these shows had more energy than last year?

mrthrax said:
qusestion for u timmy,do u think these shows had more energy than last year?

Hard to say. My mate and I thought that Scott and Charlie had more energy last year - they seemed more enthused about playing with the 04 line-up. Frank and Joe def had plenty of enthusiasm though. Scott was still Scott - killer - but he seemed a bit more subdued this time around. I reakon it's be hard for these guys - Scott and Charlie especially - on this reunion in some ways cause they can't play any of the music they've written since 92 - they have to play so much of the stuff they must've played a million times before. Still - they decided to do the reunion in the first place.

Having said that, I thought the crowds in Melbourne and here probably had more energy for the show than last year - mainly probably cause they were there for Anthrax as the main attraction and not the other 2 bands.

ceydn said:
Didn't he wear a head-dress?

Are we talking the Indians thing here? If so, then he did. But threw it off after it covered his eyes too much.

On the reunion tour so far Joey hasn't worn a headress like in the past. :( The only times he's worn one so far on the tour is if a fan throws one up on stage, or gives it to him at some point.

timmyc said:

I survived, my wife was ok with it all - I ended up washing both shirts and my jeans today, since they kinda smelled like a nightclub :)...

It would be good to mix it up bit between gig's but I think they have done well to get through the songs they did in the little practice time (assume) they would of had.

I think their was always going to be one of two songs that we would all like to hear live, but I was happy with the set all in all. Belly of the Beast might of been good, but then you could probably argue that another song that was played would of been ommited to compensate.

thraxton hicks said:
Thanks Timmy - sounds like it will be an awesome show!
We're so pumped 'bout the instore tonight let alone the gig - weird...the adrenalin is starting to churn as I type!!

Geez its gonna be great to have that ol' feeling in the neck an' ears again......
Cheers to all the SA thrax fans :headbang:

You are going to love it - no doubt at all. :headbang:

aaron221 said:
haha, that was me that gave him the headdress, he also wore it in melbourne.

That's AWESOME man! :kickass: Like I said, it'd rule to hand Joey a headdress at a gig, and he'd wear it! It's even cooler that he wore it at 2 gigs. I wonder if it was the same headdress that he wore at the Adelaide gig, that Cyclonus mentioned?

O M G

I nearly died for Anthrax ... AWESOME. I am sooooooooooooooooo ruined still (its Wednesday now), my ears are still ringing, my body is so sore too.

MY head nearly fell off from all the ferocious head banging ...

BUT ANTHRAX TOTALLY DESTROYED. Make no mistake - this was the Joey Belladonna show and MY GOODNESS DID HE PUT ON A SHOW FOR US! AWESOME...

TimmyC great to meet you man - I will never forget your WARDANNCE SCREAM into my face during Indians :)

Oh man I need a week of sleep ... deliriously happy :) All Anthrax fans whether you like Bush/Joey or Julio Iglesius you have to go see this show simply because its a chance to see something special :)