Anthrax Alive 2 Concert Kills!!!!

jackson3124

Aug 29, 2005
www.darkmirroronline.com
There is no way in hell you guys can say this album doesnt kill! It sounds like someone lit a fire under these guy's asses and got the old energy back! Best live recording with Joey to date! All you fans who aren't buying this CD as a protest to Bush not being in the band anymore, you are fuckin missing out. Also if you arent going to the concert with belladonna you will be missing out. Joey sounds good as ever. There is no way in hell people can say MOMD versions of songs with bush are better than the old stuff played on this cd! Anthrax rules!!!! October 2 seems so far away right now! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

fuelee2004 said:
Johnnie and I might consider buying it when Bush is back in the band.

fucking pathetic. Ive not seen or heard it yet but it sounds like an awsome show played by our favourite band! Support the band man, fair enough you may prefer bush and may disagree with the re union thing but its still a great gig by one of the few amazing metal bands out there.

Jockthrax said:
Well Scott & Charlie have until next monday when its released here to get John back in the band or they wont see any of my wages!!! :tickled:

didnt realise it was out on monday here. ive been running all over glasgow today trying to find it. DOH!

I'll buy it cause 1. I was there. 2. Its Anthrax 3. I like Joeys Voice 4. I can compare it to MOMD. Now before some newby tries to turn this into a John vs Joey thread. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges.

prime666 said:
I'll buy it cause 1. I was there. 2. Its Anthrax 3. I like Joeys Voice 4. I can compare it to MOMD. Now before some newby tries to turn this into a John vs Joey thread. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges.

What he Said.....

picked up the Alive 2 cd and dvd today ( sam goody)..sounding awesome...

but...

the packaging..while good....sucks in that the alive and greatest hits packages look too damn similar and I had to double check whether I had the Alive 2 or No Hit wonders set a couple times....

Edit: getting into the cd...Joey is Killing!!!! AIR is just ....killer

Danny sounds excellent too...the solos are finally RIGHT!!!! ( Not knocking Crook or Cagg..it's just they were either skipping lead breaks or changing the solos for the worse in my opinion)

this is easily the best 'Thrax live disc....... awesome sound quality

There are a lot of faux Anthrax fans around these days. Fuck you people. This album rips harder than ANYTHING I have heard with Bush. I don't really care if he comes back. Belladonna IS the singer for the Anthrax I love.

Oh and guess what... THEY PLAY THE ENTIRE SONGS. All the songs are not the abbreviated hook-only bullshit they play with Bush. Danny fucking kills any of the other Anthrax soloists. Rob is really pathetic considering how little he knows of the ORIGINAL solos. I don't much like his style either.

Since I am a guitarist I notice other things like their tone on the new album. Very good too. Nice and modern without sounding shitty nu-metal. Not dated either.

I WANT MORE OF THE REAL ANTHRAX.:hotjump:

the_walking_dude said:
fucking pathetic. Ive not seen or heard it yet but it sounds like an awsome show played by our favourite band! Support the band man, fair enough you may prefer bush and may disagree with the re union thing but its still a great gig by one of the few amazing metal bands out there.

Indeed fully agreed, I hate Bush era Thrash and strill I own MOMD....and I cannot fucking wait to buy alive 2!!!

t-rave said:
picked up the Alive 2 cd and dvd today ( sam goody)..sounding awesome...

but...

the packaging..while good....sucks in that the alive and greatest hits packages look too damn similar and I had to double check whether I had the Alive 2 or No Hit wonders set a couple times....

Edit: getting into the cd...Joey is Killing!!!! AIR is just ....killer

Danny sounds excellent too...the solos are finally RIGHT!!!! ( Not knocking Crook or Cagg..it's just they were either skipping lead breaks or changing the solos for the worse in my opinion)

this is easily the best 'Thrax live disc....... awesome sound quality

Well it's killer to watch on the DVD and since I was there it was extra killer.