Anthrax are cool guys

Bozzer

New Metal Member
Apr 6, 2005
London
Just wanted to say what a cool bunch of normal down-to-earth guys Anthrax are!

My wife took me to dinner at London's Nobu restaurant at the weekend, and some of the band were at the next table. I said at the time "that guy looks like someone out of Anthrax..." But they all seemed too young, so I didn't think it could be them (I vaguely remembered the band from many years ago, but was never a fan as such).

We later saw them again in the hotel bar and joined them for a few drinks at their table - still unaware of who they were. (They just said they were a band like Slayer, but did not give the name.) They were all really nice guys, and did not come across as "celebrities" or big headed at all.

Bozzer said:
Just wanted to say what a cool bunch of normal down-to-earth guys Anthrax are!

My wife took me to dinner at London's Nobu restaurant at the weekend, and some of the band were at the next table. I said at the time "that guy looks like someone out of Anthrax..." But they all seemed too young, so I didn't think it could be them (I vaguely remembered the band from many years ago, but was never a fan as such).

We later saw them again in the hotel bar and joined them for a few drinks at their table - still unaware of who they were. (They just said they were a band like Slayer, but did not give the name.) They were all really nice guys, and did not come across as "celebrities" or big headed at all.

Sounds like the Anthrax boys 2 me! Kewl story mang,

AugDawg

max said:
anthrax were in london at the weekend?

Yeah, we saw them on Sat 2nd April. They'd just flown in that day. I see they were playing Dublin the other day, so I guess they just stayed in London for a few days before that.

BTW - can anyone confirm that the guy on the left in this pic is Danny Spitz?
www.anthraxtheband.com/images/IMG_3987.jpg

He was the first guy we spoke to (my wife later dragged him onto the dance floor for a while... ;o) I don't remember him saying his name was Danny - but I had had a few drinks by then - and he looks a lot different in older pictures.

Bozzer said:
Yeah, we saw them on Sat 2nd April. They'd just flown in that day. I see they were playing Dublin the other day, so I guess they just stayed in London for a few days before that.

BTW - can anyone confirm that the guy on the left in this pic is Danny Spitz?
www.anthraxtheband.com/images/IMG_3987.jpg

He was the first guy we spoke to (my wife later dragged him onto the dance floor for a while... ;o) I don't remember him saying his name was Danny - but I had had a few drinks by then - and he looks a lot different in older pictures.

What? The guy on the left is joey vera the one on right is scott. I had a bad experience with scott he was such an asshole with his fans the day of the video shoot for "What doesn't Die".He acted like he was a big celeb. As soon as they pulled up right besides my truck in bush's mustang he steped out ignored my greeting and started walking inside the ambassador.Bush was nice enough to sign my shirt on the spot.Everyone was trying to get a pic with scott and he kept ignoring people. On the other hand John Bush was so Cool!! He said whats up and everything, same for Rob,Charlie and Bello. When I finally got a chance to take a pic with scott he was like :bah: "Whatever" that pic of him sucked! That shattered my respect for him as a musician. Other than that the day was so kick ass. I had a blast.(Any one know where I can get a copy of that video?)lol.

I understand that he was busy and all but he didn't have to be a dick about it, none of the other guys were. And besides if it wasn't for fans like me that buy ANTHRAX Shirts,Cd's,Videos,Tickets for their shows ect. He wouldn't be making no fucking video!!!!!!Period!! We made him!

Ahh, cool "Joey" sounds familiar now you say it. OK, forgive my ignorance, but can you tell me who all the guys are in that pic (under the trees) on their website main page http://www.anthrax.com/index2.asp.

This is what I first looked at when I got home. I recognised Scott instantly and realised it was Anthrax we'd met. I then noticed that mousing over the pic shows their names and I was trying to work out who was who. I do remember "John" - who, as you say, was really cool. (He refused to dance with my wife - but with the good reason that he doesn't dance with his own girlfriend ;o)) The mouse-over does not show "John Bush" as a name. So I'm not sure if he's the guy in the middle of the pic? or if that pic does not show the current line-up or something?

Re: Scott, he didn't actually sit down and chat to us, just stood around talking the the security guy and other entourage. So didn't get much of an opinion about him.

The guy 2nd from the left in the pic only came down to the bar later on, so didn't talk to him much. But seemed pretty cool. Said he was the singer.

Played Dublin the other day??? You're a month ahead of yourself my friend, Dublin gig is the 4th MAY! Unless I'm horribly mistaken!!!!!

Ulster Mosher said:
It is 4th of May. Just take a whiff. You not smell that?

lol - OK I had a quick scan of their tours dates and got the month wrong. Believe me, if I was going to make this up I would not choose a band that I was never a fan of!

Actually Joey did say they were just over for a vacation or something. But were coming back later to play Donington. (My wife then asked why they were not playing Glastonbury as it's a bigger festival, but they'd never heard of it!)

hahahaha can you imagine anthrax on the glastonbuy bill..........that would sandwich nicely inbetween coldplay, kylie and rod stewart :)

it would be like playing slayer to hippes ;)

lokey said:
hahahaha can you imagine anthrax on the glastonbuy bill..........that would sandwich nicely inbetween coldplay, kylie and rod stewart :)

it would be like playing slayer to hippes ;)

Indeed, that's pretty much what I said at the time. When they said they were "like Slayer" my wife had no idea how far removed from the "rock" that she'd listen to that really is!

i think you'd be hard pressed to find a "rock" band at glastonbury these days, never was a hard rock place, these days they have ditched anyone, who plays their instruments with balls.......

its become a bigger V festival........

Matt Bello said:
Respect the Hippies!!
:p

Another question: does anyone know if any of the band (or their parents) are from Armenia? I remember talking to a guy who said he was Armenian (but had lived all of his adult life in the U.S.). But I don't think this guy was in Anthrax as I have not seen anyone who looks like him in photos. So I think he may have just been family/friend or something.

Also, when the guy who said he was the singer came down to the bar later he was with a woman who seemed to be some sort of journalist or publicity person. I spoke to her for a while and she said something about working to publicise the situation in Armenia (human rights I guess). But I'm not sure if she said the band was doing that with her...or if she was just someone they had met at the hotel.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

yeah it means you have confused system of a down with anthrax.............. anthrax = nooo yawk, system of a down = american armenians

simply put, the bald metal guy with a weird beard.................. was he really tall or was he really short?!?!!?

really tall, and its shavo from system of a down....... tho i would be way surprised if those gys said they sound like slayer.......... they have supported em a few times tho.........probably their generic answer

oh and system are on tour at the mo............

but yeah defo not a fan if you got those two confused ;) bar the bald heads and beards, not a lot of similarities

lokey said:
oh and system are on tour at the mo............

but yeah defo not a fan if you got those two confused ;) bar the bald heads and beards, not a lot of similarities

Hmm...I certainly wouldn't have said the crazy beard guy was short. The other guy [who I still think *may* be Joey] seemed to be shorter when they left the restaurant...

OK trying to find decent pics of that band to check out...

yeah i am defo saying its system of a down you met, and defo not anthrax...........scott is my height which is defo short..........

soad are on the download line up too, different day tho...........

oh a website www.systemofadown.com check the pics.............. joey is taller than scott

whereas shavo is easily the tallest in system........... having seen john dolemans new hair do i am convinced you met system of a down , defo not the thrax lads........