Anthrax = Mayhem Fest

I've often wondered why there hasn't been a Mayhem-like festival tour with only old school Thrash bands with some newer ones too. Over the last some years Thrash metal has made a major comeback, and it's almost fashionable again. I'd love to see a tour with Anthrax, Testament, Exodus, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust, ...

Yep, this would be great. I like when older Thrash bands support the younger ones. Destruction, Kreator, Exodus, and many other classic Thrash bands have supported the newer blood and understand its purpose. Municipal Waste is always fun. And there are so many great newer bands in the last few years that deserve the good exposure. Thrash is still very healthy, even though most people won't notice. The old school bands should join together with the new old school bands to Thrash it all up! (Not sure how viable it is, though, given tour economics.)

The most famous Thrash bands usually pair up with more famous metal bands rather than less known (but usually better) Thrash bands. It is not a crime, it's just business. But I wish they were more commited to the pure music side of the scene, rather than doing what is theoretically more profittable. Dreams, I know.

I am not bashing other types of metal, BTW. I just love Thrash, and am pretty confident in the "new talent" out there. There are some amazing bands out there that are worth the time to check out (I try to go to most of their shows, so I know them live as well.)

It looks like High On Fire are supposed to play some dates. Kind of an odd choice but combined with Slayer and Anthrax that's not too bad.

It looks like High On Fire are supposed to play some dates. Kind of an odd choice but combined with Slayer and Anthrax that's not too bad.

I think theyre on all of it they just werent on the previous lineup pic, there still 1 more main stage band to be announced.

mayhem-2012.png

Still doesn't top '09, because there wasn't one terrible band on that lineup.

This has Asking Alexandria and The Devil Wears Prada. Then the Sumerian stag they also added yesterday with Upon a Burning Body & I, The Breather.

Still doesn't top '09, because there wasn't one terrible band on that lineup.

This has Asking Alexandria and The Devil Wears Prada. Then the Sumerian stag they also added yesterday with Upon a Burning Body & I, The Breather.

Havent heard of any of the sumerian stage and some of the 2nd stage bands, mostly interested in the main stage and Anthrax, Aild, & aa on the 2nd stage..

It's a tragedy that a a band like Slipknot headlines over Slayer. That is just a disgrace. Slipknot is the biggest scam in the past 10 plus years. They put on their stupid masks and get brainwashed 'cool' kids that hang around hot topic in shopping malls to follow them and think they are actually a real extreme metal band.

They are fucking terrible live, a gimmick band that is more about masks and stupid shit than the actual music. These guys are just a nu metal band with masks on.

I will at least get to leave after slayer and beat the traffic jam in the parking lot.

All of the mall kids can stay and jump up and down during slipknot

It's a tragedy that a a band like Slipknot headlines over Slayer. That is just a disgrace. Slipknot is the biggest scam in the past 10 plus years. They put on their stupid masks and get brainwashed 'cool' kids that hang around hot topic in shopping malls to follow them and think they are actually a real extreme metal band.

They are fucking terrible live, a gimmick band that is more about masks and stupid shit than the actual music. These guys are just a nu metal band with masks on.

Dead on. I couldn't agree more.

It's sad that Korn are one of the better bands on this line up. Five Finger Death Punch, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying. What a bunch of packaged Textbook assembly-line shit-metal. Same fucking formula every time, Hardcore vocals-clean vocals-Hardcore vocals-clean vocals. Same riffs, same faggy singing. :puke:
Hate to see Anthrax mixed in with these talentless fuckin hacks, but anyway...:Smug:

On the contrary, I couldnt give a fuck how "troo metal" a band is or if they use the same formula, only if I like it is all that matters.

Slayer used the same formula CD after CD and no one ever said anything..

So, how do these festivals work? Never been to one. Are the bands on the 1st stage playing at the same time as the bands on the second stage or do they have a gap between them so you can see every band?

Since Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax, and High on Fire will be worth the price of admission alone, I will be attending this. However, every other band on this bill is pure and utter dogshit.

Since Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax, and High on Fire will be worth the price of admission alone, I will be attending this. However, every other band on this bill is pure and utter dogshit.

The thing that sucks about these festival tours it the bands all get a shorter set and you already usually know what songs they are going to do.

Anthrax will probably get about 40 minutes and you know damn well the setlist will be close to this

Earth Is on Hell
Indians
Caught in a Mosh
Devil That You Know
Got The Time
Fight Em Till You Can't
Antisocial
Madhouse
I am The Law

I saw them 2 times on the last tour and they didn't play anything besides Got The Time from POT.

These guys really need to start playing some songs from POT which iMO is the best all around Joey era album. Keep it In The Family, Time, Discharge, In My World, One Man Stands, etc

How about something like Skeletons In The Closet