Anthrax = Mayhem Fest

Not sure if this is a shot at me but yeah I like both..

No, I don't care if you like AA. I just don't get how you can like Asking Alexandra but refer to High on Fire as "that other band". Especially since you can make an argument for them being the best band on the bill.

No, I don't care if you like AA. I just don't get how you can like Asking Alexandra but refer to High on Fire as "that other band". Especially since you can make an argument for them being the best band on the bill.

No, the best band on the bill is Anthrax. That combined with Slayer makes it worth it alone not to mention the other 3 bands I like.

missed_the_point.jpg

Referring to HoF as "that other band" implies you haven't ever listened to them. Just sayin'

HOW DARE YOU HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES!!!!1111

I love how "brootal metal" fans kiss Lamb Of God's nuts when they are clearly related to the same metalcore/post hardcore scene the so called "fag emo" bands come from.

How is this

any different than this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQzomsa1IY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6F84MuEG4&list=FL31aQXOqJid98dZsn1ZH0eA&index=5&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A64A4LeVxIQ&feature=branded[/ame]

Only difference is LOG doesnt use much clean vocals..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats like me saying I dont see how people prefer John over Joey. :devil:

Funny how different people have different tastes, who would have ever thought?

Sometimes people have different tastes and sometimes people just don't know any better. Like AA and having a sig with a bunch of thrash bands, and then never hearing of High on Fire flat out just doesn't make sense. But hey, that's your loss.

You can try and be as 'open-minded' as you want but for anyone that's going to this tour to see Slayer, Anthrax, and Motorhead and their first thought when they see these Hot Topic fashion-core dweebs going nuts for the opening bands is, "oh these kids just have different tastes", I'd say they're a liar.

Did you really just take Lamb of God's breakdowns "out of context" and use that as your proof that they're similar to all these metalcore bands? I'm not denying that there are some core elements to Lamb of God, but LoG is nothing like Miss May I. Lamb of God is mostly groove metal ala Pantera & Exhorder. Also not to mention Lamb of God has different subject matter than all these "emocore" bands.

Even Slayer has breakdowns:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg&t=2m11s[/ame]

Also just so you can't avoid High on Fire:

I really don't know how you can be a fan of metal and have never heard of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure it is, you'll be going to Mayhem and seeing them anyway. Give it a listen.

Do it. Peer pressure. Do it.

The london show thread made me think about what their setlist for the Mayhem tour will be like. Id like to see for sure Fight Em & The Devil you know. Going to be a shorter set but not sure how much time theyre going to get.

Municipal Waste = :headbang: :kickass:
This year is looking up for concerts!

I have tickets to see Municipal Waste with GWAR and Ghoul on Friday night. I am looking forward to checking out the Waste in person. They have a new album coming out.

My Iron Maiden tickets just arrived in the mail and going to be grabbing Mayhem Fest tickets as soon as I can to see Anthrax, Slayer, and Motörhead.

Later this year there is going to be a Megadeth and Rob Zombie concert tour. Not sure if I am going to that because last year when I seen Zombie with Slayer in Detroit Zombie just sucked ass. Previously remember seeing White Zombie with Anthrax on the Sound of White Noise tour and enjoying that show a lot. But it was a long time ago.

This year is looking up for concerts!

I have tickets to see Municipal Waste with GWAR and Ghoul on Friday night. I am looking forward to checking out the Waste in person. They have a new album coming out.

My Iron Maiden tickets just arrived in the mail and going to be grabbing Mayhem Fest tickets as soon as I can to see Anthrax, Slayer, and Motörhead.

Later this year there is going to be a Megadeth and Rob Zombie concert tour. Not sure if I am going to that because last year when I seen Zombie with Slayer in Detroit Zombie just sucked ass. Previously remember seeing White Zombie with Anthrax on the Sound of White Noise tour and enjoying that show a lot. But it was a long time ago.

The tour is coming to CA for one date. o_O