NFMetalLegion

Dec 11, 2001
NF, Canada
Anyone know these clowns:

name: James Mullikin
email: mullikin63@msn.com

name: G. Corlew
email: gcorlew1@webtv.net

I got an e-mail to the Oberon account from both of them about how they don't like Oberon or what we play...they think what we play is dated. So? Since when does good heavy metal ever become dated?! I'll take Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and WASP over the fucking shit like Shitsnot, Kornfly and LimpDickshit any fucking day!!

Anyway, no matter...I've been a metalhead since 1983 and nothing will ever change who I am. Fuck them.

I wouldn't worry about what other people say about your band. At least they ARE talking about Oberon. Any attention is better than no attention in my opinion.

Personally i find Oberon's music more power metal than traditional. I don't think it's outdated at all. Just listen to the Dark Warrior Cd and tell me if they have drums and guitar like that back in the early 80's. Oberon first started off as a Death metal band remember folks and there's still elements of that present in the band. Also, If oberon is dated so is Sheavy, Afterforever, and Fireign. Whom all play covers by Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden etc. Being Dated is good to me because at least you know you got great qaulity music. No false Metal there.

I do agree that the Covers are a bit back in there time. Crue, Wasp, Venom, Priest, Maiden etc but It's classic metal. Those bands are what metal is all about. Who can honestly say that these bands I mentioned never contributed greatly to Metal history. :D

Originally posted by Lord Death
Who can honestly say that these bands I mentioned never contributed greatly to Metal history. :D

People who don't like heavy metal or have any understanding of it's roots. They are clearly not metalheads, just trend hoppers.

Yeah guys, c'mon, get with the times! Here's some tips on how to make it big in the music industry.

1. Buy a PRS Dragon 3 and 5 Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Stacks.
2. Go into a tatoo parlour and get every tatoo on the wall everywhere on your body, then repeat with the piercings.
3. Get together with a group of guys and draw straws to find out who will be the drummer, guitarist, and turntablist. The one with the most piercings and tatoos can be the singer.
4. Tell some professional songwriters about your big plan, and they will write and record your album for you.
5. Getting a Label is easy, so just pick and choose from which major label you would like to sign with. Be sure to get the one that will tell you what to do the most.
6. Once you get signed, you'll find yourself at wembley stadium with 50 000 screaming fans at your feet. Draw straws again to see who is going to be the guitarist and drummer and turntablist.
7. With your new album playing through the PA, be sure to jump around as much as you can so nobody will notice you're not really playing it. It also may be a good to write the name of your band on the back of your hand so you don't forget it, and when the audience starts screaming a name, you know it's your band's name.
8. After the show, collect the 20 bucks that your label will give you from the 150 000 records and 50 000 tickets you just sold, and order a Pizza.