Any body good with midi and cubase?

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
I got an Akai mpk mini but I can't figure out how get the assignable pads and knobs to work right on cubase. I posted this on gearslutz because I figured it would be more relavent but no one answered and then I remembered why I hate gearslutz, but anyway...

I used to software the keyboard came with to adjust the output note of the pads and knobs but it doesn't change the output note in cubase. is there something I have to adjust in cubase itself (like set it up as a generic controller or something?)

Thanks in advance I suck with mid.

hmmm, I'm at a loss as to why you can't get the pads working (they should just be assignable to normal on/off notes that you can program?!) but I used this to figure out how to get my keystation going. The steps are the same in 5 as they were in SX3:

http://www.svartberg.com/tutorials/keystation88/tut_p01.html

It's pretty easy since you can have cubase learn the control once you find what you want to control...

But like I said, I have no idea on the pads. I would think they default to some sort of chromatic layout that starts from C1 and goes up like most pad controllers do. I would personally (for simplicities sake) program that aspect on the akai itself.