Any chance of Kamelot returning this year?

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
Hey guys just wanted to say that for a few years now I've dreamed of going to Progpower and this year will be the first one I will be able to attend. I really regret missing last year with Evergrey but it was beyond my control. I am greatly pleased with the lineup this year so far. Sonata Arctica, Communic, and Firewind are all bands that I really enjoy. (havent had a chance to listen to the others enough yet) I was wondering if anyone thinks that Kamelot will return this year...I really love Kamelot and it would be great to see them live. If not, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on getting to see Brainstorm. Thanks guys.

They've had headlining US tours the last two years. I'd call them a great backup choice but no reason to really go after them.

hey, did anyone besides me think that Roy might have made a surprise guest appearance during EPICA's set this past festival (since they were about to launch a short tour together)? I was certain it would happen, given his history with the festival and the fact that Glenn is so good at surprises. But alas, I was wrong. :erk:

hey, did anyone besides me think that Roy might have made a surprise guest appearance during EPICA's set this past festival (since they were about to launch a short tour together)? I was certain it would happen, given his history with the festival and the fact that Glenn is so good at surprises. But alas, I was wrong. :erk:

I remember hearing specifically that he had something going on in Florida that day. Also, he did not do Trois Vierges with them on the tour, they only did The Haunting together.

I'm sure Roy will be back at PP in some capacity in the future, at least I'd hope so. But this year doesn't seem to be in the cards, which is fine considering the calibur of bands already announced.

They've had headlining US tours the last two years. I'd call them a great backup choice but no reason to really go after them.

A few dates in their home State, Jaxx, BB Kings, House of Blues and a couple other dates does NOT or at least it SHOULD NOT qualify as a "US Tour" when considering a band for ProgPower. If more than 75% of the US has no chance to see them it's not a "US Tour". I would have loved to see this tour but they never came close to Texas. Just because a few lucky people got to see them last year should not exclude Kamelot or any band doing a "mini-tour" from playing ProgPower.

That said, Sonata Arctica did a full US tour last year, and I'm ecstatic to have the chance to see them again next ProgPower! And if they come through Texas, I gladly see them here again too.

I highly doubt it considering their extensive history at the festival, but I wouldn't ever knock them returning.

Totally agreed. :)

I remember hearing specifically that he had something going on in Florida that day. Also, he did not do Trois Vierges with them on the tour, they only did The Haunting together.

Yep. Kamelot played Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, and St. Pete on Saturday. There was some talk about trying to get Simone in Ft. Lauderdale, but obviously it didn't happen. Also it means I didn't see Kamelot this year... :cry:

I hope and pray that Kamelot is some how picked for PP8. I would love to see them do something special too like The Fourth Legacy-start to finish.
Please Please bring Kamelot.....

I agree, Kamelot deserves to headline this whole damn thing. For those that have yet to see their live DVD, grab it now, as it is nothing short of awe-inspiring! That DVD could very well be the best live DVD I have ever seen; they were on all night!

That said, Sonata Arctica did a full US tour last year, and I'm ecstatic to have the chance to see them again next ProgPower! And if they come through Texas, I gladly see them here again too.

And guess how many States Sonata his on thier "Full" USA tour? Answer: nine. I did not know we lost 41 states somehow. But to go back to something Glenn said a while back, their is something called the "Metal Triangle" Which is basically the Eastern part of the USA. With the exception of California, the rest of the nation is a wasteland. Just ask Therion which drew 81 people in Portland, Oregon. Only the truly big name bands will try to go fully national, as it is economic suicide to do anything else.

Peace,
Ray C.

I wish they would I love Kamelot and want to see them as much as possible. But I'm not sure how they would be this year because of the co-headling thing. I think they will headline by themselves when they come back.

It would be great to see Kamelot again at PP and I'd expect them to return some year! It would be nice if it was for PPVIII though!