Any chance of Kamelot returning this year?

I'd be really surprised if they were there. They've been there twice, and have toured the shit out of the US. Plus, with a live DVD about to be released, I wouldn't expect they'd be real high on Glenn's wish list,

Zod

Not trying to start an explosion (now there's a first right? ha ha), but I'm ready for a 'no repeat PP'. There are so many amazing young power metal bands out there now that IMO it would be great to not see Kamelot/Edguy/Evergrey/etc. for awhile. Again, not trying to rock the boat, just wanting to see some more of the young guns from Europe that's all. :worship:

Not trying to start an explosion (now there's a first right? ha ha), but I'm ready for a 'no repeat PP'. There are so many amazing young power metal bands out there now that IMO it would be great to not see Kamelot/Edguy/Evergrey/etc. for awhile. Again, not trying to rock the boat, just wanting to see some more of the young guns from Europe that's all. :worship:
Good point.

That it is a great point. The only argument I would personally have is that I have never had the chance to see any of those bands mentioned....I would have loved to have been at PP last year. Thankfully, this year I am going to be able to go for my first time.

I don't see Kamelot making the cut for next year. They are one of my favorite groups though. I saw them several months ago in Seminole. They were great. I was sad to see that they were playing in St. Pete when the festival was happening. I definitely would have seen them again. So glad that a lot of the members are from my area. I actually got to meet a few of them after the Seminole show.

That it is a great point. The only argument I would personally have is that I have never had the chance to see any of those bands mentioned....I would have loved to have been at PP last year. Thankfully, this year I am going to be able to go for my first time.

This is one of the biggest reasons why we should have return bands. EVERY year is someone else's first time. It's REALLY selfish to want to deny others the chance to see some of the best bands in the world because they just discovered this music or this fest. We're at the point now where every year should have at least a couple return bands.

With the talk of no repeats I am really glad that Glenn once called himself an Evergrey fanboy. That gives me some hope that they will return maybe in a couple years. That said, I would love to see Kamelot back personally. Conception would be a dream come true (again).

Just one more reason for everyone to attend every PP every year, so we who go every year don't haveta deal with reruns :lol:
Just kidding, relax, all is well.

This is one of the biggest reasons why we should have return bands. EVERY year is someone else's first time. It's REALLY selfish to want to deny others the chance to see some of the best bands in the world because they just discovered this music or this fest. We're at the point now where every year should have at least a couple return bands.

A few dates in their home State, Jaxx, BB Kings, House of Blues and a couple other dates does NOT or at least it SHOULD NOT qualify as a "US Tour" when considering a band for ProgPower. If more than 75% of the US has no chance to see them it's not a "US Tour".

You realize that when bands tour Europe, they usually skip over entire countries and only play about 3 dates per the countries that they do play?

It's a tour. Just because it doesn't cover the entire United States doesn't mean otherwise.

I don't think Kamelot has a chance on PP8 and I also don't think Brainstom has one either since Symphorce is recording a new album. If they played prog power, they'd make for an interesting number 4 spot but that's definitely the highest spot they could get.

That is very true as well. I have known about the fest and have been a fan of most of the bands for quite awhile, I just live a good ways from Atlanta and have never had the chance to go because of money issues mainly. But I understand why people that have been to PP almost every year don't want returns. If Kamelot can't be there, I will just have to catch them on their next tour. It is ok, atleast Sonata Arctica will be there! No matter what bands play, it will be, without a doubt, the greatest festival I have ever attended.

You realize that when bands tour Europe, they usually skip over entire countries and only play about 3 dates per the countries that they do play?
You realize those countries they skipped over are smaller than the average sized state here?

It's a tour. Just because it doesn't cover the entire United States doesn't mean otherwise.
The point Andy was making is that ruling out a band for PP just because they've done a handful of shows on the East Coast and in CA is just stupid.

That said as much as I like Kamlot they've only put out one studio album since their last PP appearance so I think Glen should wait a couple years before bringing them back.

A few dates in their home State, Jaxx, BB Kings, House of Blues and a couple other dates does NOT or at least it SHOULD NOT qualify as a "US Tour" when considering a band for ProgPower. If more than 75% of the US has no chance to see them it's not a "US Tour". Just because a few lucky people got to see them last year should not exclude Kamelot or any band doing a "mini-tour" from playing ProgPower.

I concur. Would love to see Kamelot again at PP since they have never played Atlanta again since PP5....