Any Christian Metal bands similar to...

Wow, IOfTheStorm, those are all GREAT suggestions! I agree with what you said about the labels too.. I've just learned that I can't change it so I might as well just accept it and save myself the stress..

I got into metal by listening to Christian metal bands first, so this is a fortè of mine. (Don't anyone give me shit for it, you won't even know what the hell you're talking about)

All you really need to do is go to these sites to get all the Christian hard bands you want!
http://www.blastbeats.com/
http://radrockers.com/

http://www.kmgrecords.com/
Many older Christian rock & metal bands have mini box sets that have been released by KMG Records. These box sets are called KMG Classic Archives and contain two discs by the band, but in a stripped-down fashion (no artwork, lyrics, other liner notes - just the music) but they save you a bundle and it gets a lot of music into your hand if you're unsure about a band.

Yes Mortification is a Christian band.. I'd recommend that your friends simply check out the KMG release for this band.

Deliverance is a great band that I can't quite categorize.. maybe old school thrash, maybe progressive rock, but I sure can say they can ROCK! I would recommend Weapons of Warefare, Stay of Our Execution, and What a Joke. Vocalist is very reminiscent of Geoff Tate (Queensryche).

Both of them can be heard here: http://www.kmgrecords.com/buy2.html#A

Also, some quick-mentions: Immortal Souls, ANTESTOR, Vaakevandring, Crimson Thorn, Crimson Moonlight, Goliath, Paramaecium, EmbodIment (not the be confused with the Texas hardcore band EmbodYment), Ethereal Scourge, Metanoia, Lengsel, Betrayal, Generation, Believer, Jacob's Dream, Oil, Lament (!), Virgin Black, Eternal Decision, Fountain of Tears, Tefila, Oblation (!), Discern, Ashen Mortality, Feast Eternal, Vomitaorial Corpulence (for a good laugh), BALANCE OF POWER, Drottnar, Armageddon Holocaust, Deuteronomium, Visionaire, Veni Domine, Inversion -- 95% of these were on samplers put out by BlastBeats when they were called CrossRhythms.. look for those samplers (CrossRhythms Extreme Music Samplers) Actually, I'm looking at all 4 discs right now and they have a phone number on them.. 972-394-0048.

Another thing you might try is showing your friends that not all "non-Christian" metal is "bad".. I mean, how aweful can Dream Theater be? I understand that each person has different weaknesses, but let them get caught in the trap of believing that everything Christian is spiritually good for them. Until God Himself comes down and physically appoints a band as Him-Approved, then all labels are just placed by another mere mortal.. something to keep in mind.

Stop me now, I could go on for days! o_O

~Sh0k~

Christian Death Metal Bands:

ACOUSTIC TOURMENT
ADMONISH
AMETHYST
ANTIDEMON
APPLORO
ASBUK
A.W.A.S
BEDATRA DEZUM
BENEVOLENCE
BEALIAH
BERITH
BLACKEND SUN
CARKEMIS
CLEMENCY
CREMATORIUM
CRIMSON MOONLIGHT
CRIMSON THORN
DAEMON GRINDER
DAMONION ANARIO
DEAFAID
DEAD PHARISEE
DEATH POEMS
DEMONICIDUTH
DEPENDENCY
DEUTERONOMIUM
DOMMER
DRACO
DROTTNAR
EKKLESIA
EMICIATED
ETERNAL DAMNATION
ETHEREAL SCOURAGE
EXHORT
EXTOL
EZRA
FAITHBOMB
FEAST ETERNAL
FOG
GETSEMANI
GOREDEATH
GRIM
HEARKEN
HORDE
IMMORTAL SOULS
IMPERIUM
IMPLACABLE
INCARNATION
INVERSION
JORDSKAELV
KEKAL
KOHLLAPSE
KONSTRUX
KREMATOR
LAMENT
LENGSEL
LIVING SACRIFICE1, LIVING SACRIFICE2
LIVING SACRIFICE3

MAINSTAY
MAXIMUM PENTECOST
METANOIA
MENTAL DESTRUCTION
MINISTROS DEL SANTUARIO
MORDECAI
MORTIFICATION1, MORTIFICATION2
MOURNFUL VENGEANCE
MYRKHEIM
NECROMANICIDE
NEGATIVE THIRTEEN
NIHILIST
NO IDOLATRY
NOIZ
NO LONGER MORTAL
OBLIVION
OFFERTORIUM1, OFFERTORIUM2
PANTOKRATOR
PARAMAECIUM
PARATITHEMI
PRONOUNCED DEAD
PROPHECY INC.
QUEJIDOS DEL SEOL
REPENTANCE
RESISTANCE
SACRIFICIUM
SANCTIFICA
SAPIENTIA
SATANICIDE
SATANS DOOM
SATURATE
SCREAMS OF ABEL
SEVENTH ANGEL
SIX FEET DEEP
SLAMCAT
SORID DEATH
SOTERIOS
SPIRITS BREEZE
SUBIACO FOOTHILLS
TESTIMONY
THEOCRACY A.D.
THUNDERSTORM
TORMENTED DEATH
TORTURED CONSCIENCE
TRIOMIC
UNDEROATH
VAAKEVANDRING
VARDOGER
VITAL DECISION
VITALITY
VIXIVI
VOMITORIAL CORPULENCE
WINGED CREATURE
WOMB OF AZURE
WORSHIP FACTORY
ZAO

thrashmetal78 said:
This brings up another good point. I've seen people who say they would never listen to bands who were Christians. Isn't that the same as the retarded Christian metalheads who say they would never listen to black metal or death metal?

Something to think about....

No. :Smug: