Any concert reviews/setlists from European Tour???

@Blitzkrieg Pajo: Having german as a mother toungue and decend english as a second language are indeed good prerequisites to learn swedish. many words are similar or almost the same to german. But: The grammar is different (but not that difficult) , and also the word-order. But the most difficult part is the pronunciation. It not that easy at all, and when native swedes talk to each other u wont have a clue what they are talking about. Especially gothenburg-swedish is quite fast and "slangish" and it is hard to practice it in daily life since swedes are good at english and like to speak english. if they notice that u are a foreigner they switch immediately onto english if u want or not.(swedes are very polite in that respect). If you want to have an interresting and meaningful conversation with a swede u switch onto english as well since it gets boring talking about weather and your breakfast all the time.
As a bottom line - for germans/austrians it should be possible to reach a satisfactory level after approx. three month, especially reading and writing, but only if swedish is priority number one. If u are occupied with other things, work, studies, drinking, then u wont come that far. If u are intersted in hearing swedish, check out this link:
"http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=7968" There u can listen to news in swedish and get an idea what proper swedish sounds like.

@others: sorry for this long off-topic post.

in 9th grade i did a 1-week school exchange with Sweden. it was awesome and in that short time i learned quite a lot about swedish, the pronunciation and vocabulary etc. :) some swedish words i never heard before were totally clear to me from their meaning because they just sounded or looked like a mix of german and english :)

hello!

i am from spain, and I saw DT last friday.... there you have a very bad pics :ill: ( sorry) of the gig.... ( I don't understand this camera yet, s**t!)
here you have it

The girl in the last pic is me.... ( and, yes, i'm horrible, but the camera was too near, ahhaha)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

¡los dibujos son muy bien, gracias! perdón para mi malo (¿o mal?) español pero yo no sé el español muy bien (vale... yo soy mejor en las clases de español pero nosotros tenemos las clases solamente hace un año y poco más y estoy un poco borracho :))
haha....
... i will admit this tomorrow... but i don't care ... except for my bad spanish, i'm not able for correct spanish in this situation. ^^

Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
¡los dibujos son muy bien, gracias! perdón para mi malo (¿o mal?) español pero yo no sé el español muy bien (vale... yo soy mejor en las clases de español pero nosotros tenemos las clases solamente hace un año y poco más y estoy un poco borracho :))
haha....
... i will admit this tomorrow... but i don't care ... except for my bad spanish, i'm not able for correct spanish in this situation. ^^

ajajaaaj Pues te he entendido perfectamente, jajajja
I understand you ok (my english is REALLY puagh!, ahahaah)
Well, the pics are bad ahhaha,. It's Not alloweb here to take cameras to a concert, a nd this was not my camera, so the pics....
The concert was great, but the sound... uffff, it was like a zzzzzzz in all the concert.... and it was too short, but I Hope One day I will see DT in an hour and a half gig!! please!!
Bye! :headbang:

went to the élysée montmartre in paris last tuesday
great show, though it was too short!
only 45min!
//
does anyone have the setlist?
//
i took some pics; check'em out there:
http://www.frenchmetal.com/modules/xcgal/thumbnails.php?album=3
//
and i'm pretty sure stanne sung some metallica's lyrics on one song, but i can't remember which one!
i'm not sure anymore from which metallica's song, but i think it was from "master of puppets" :
taste me you will see
more is all you need
you're dedicated to
how i'm killing you

anyway
++

Hi guys,

Langen yesterday was awesome!!! However, only a small crowd, mostly Kreator fans. Saw DT for the first time live, they are a revelation. To my mind, they outplayed Kreator (of course!) and should have been given much more time. Sound okay but not brilliant, same with Kreator. Setlist (not sure about the middle part):

Treason Wall
Lost to Apathy
Smugded Lenses
Scythe
WN/BS
New Build
Wonders
Punish
My Negation
Final R

Interesting if you compare this setlist to the one of Oberhausen the day before (posted in the setlist thread by Grand Wazoo) :

-The Wonders At Your Feet
-Lost to Apathy
-One Thought
-Scythe, Rage and Roses
-White Noise, Black Silence
-The Endless Feed
-Punish My Heaven (omg yes \m/)
-Final Resistance

Too bad they didn't play 'One Thought' in Langen. Why don't they play 'Hours'
on this tour? I found that 'My Negation' was a bit out of place for a short set (though its a great song of course), as the crowd somehow calmed down too much. It may be a good option for a longer set to give people some time to breathe, but for a short set, either 'On Thought' or any other faster killer track would have been a better choice I think.

Cheers
mCSAR

The gig yesterday was really good. :) I got positively surprised by the support acts. I hadn't heard about Ektomorf at all before this tour and was expecting something really bad. But they were rather good, reminded me of Sepultura, both in music and attitude. To see DT was awesome, as expected. Scythe, rage and roses...so good!
Just before "Final resistance", Stanne looked really moved, seemingly by the response from the hometown audience. I can't tell anything about that, as I was too close to the stage. Then he got his shit together and sang the last song. Then he threw a bottle of water in my head. :cry: :D
As I was very tired after DT's gig, I thought that it was a good idea to watch Kreator from a distance, standing still. But it was impossible. How can you not headband when they play "Riot of violence"? :D

Hatesphere is a what I'd call a guitar band that had their performance spoiled by the poor sound yesterday, they were much better the last time I saw them when they supported Exodus. The sound was pretty bad in general if you ask me, hell, my lips were vibrating thanks to the bassdrums during Kreator and that was kind of over the top. And I agree with sweet Child of Time right there, Ektomorf reminded me of Sepultura in some ways, especially in appearence. Reminded me of a funny thing that Andreas Kisser once stated in an interview back in 1990:

"Q - So what's it like being a thrash metal-band in Brazil?
A - We just try to grow long hair, play fast music - fuck the police!"

Pics from the gig are up at MetalObscene.com and as usual it's only for those who are registered so being swedish really helps. More pics of the other bands to come later. I thought it was fun to see Oscar Dronjak in the audience yesterday - reunite Crystal Age, you hot hunk.

At Tuska Winter War they played the following:

The Treason Wall
Lost to Apathy
Through Smudged Lenses
White Noise/Black Silence
Scythe, Rage & Roses
The New Build
Punish My Heaven
The Wonders at Your Feet
My Negation
Final Resistance

The band played great and Mikael was smiling throughout the whole thing so I guess atleast he was enjoying the gig.. :) This was my first time I saw DT live so I can't compare it to other gigs but it sounded great and I enjoyed it very much..