Any Firepod/Reaper users? Help?

Salvation 13

Burp.
Feb 9, 2006
Tampere, Finland
Reaper has the stuck cursor (no playback or recording) problem on my Win7 desktop machine. I've tried reinstalling Reaper, both versions 3 and 4, I've tried installing the Firepod with old (2.46) drivers and new drivers (5.13). I've turned off all other sound devices and tried setting Firepod outs 1&2 as the main sound device.

I've tried changing latency and/or bitrate. ASIO4ALL doesn't fix the problem. I've tried rebooting windows and Reaper. I've tried setting the Firepod as Input device and DirectSound as output in Reapers Preferences.

Reaper changes bitrate automatically when I change it with the Firepod hardware controller.

Reaper works just fine with directsound as output.

The Firepod has the blue "connected" light on so it's not a connection problem. I've had this same problem previously, but I can't for the death of me remember how did I fix it.

Hmm, this happens to me once in a while, and I fix it by just hitting CTRL + P to get into Preferences, then close it out and it works. Weird little bug. Not sure if it's quite the same issue as you're having.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm not a Firepod owner.

Also - do you have the latest drivers installed? With my Fast Track Pro, I can't even run the installer cd that came with it anymore, I have to actually go onto M-Audios site and download the latest driver for it to run. Best of luck!

Do you have the Exclusive Mode settings in the playback devices set to; Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and Give exclusive mode applications priority?

Not sure if this will help, but disable all other sound devices in your device manager, you don't really have to restart even though you are prompted.
Right click on your speaker shit down on the taskbar and select recording devices, find your firepod, right click > properties > advanced tab > set the sample rate and bit depth to what you use when you record. Do this again with 'playback devices'. Then windows won't juggle between sample rates etc when you go to record, it will always be your studio quality shit. NOTE: if you play games and shit, you may want to set this back to cd quality when doing so, i know it fucks with using a mic within steam.

Thanks for the suggestions, Sloan. I tried doing those, didn't do a thing. Tried rebooting windows after doing that. No dice. :(

Maybe I should just install Vista on this computer as well. My laptop that has Vista has zero problems. Too bad the laptop is a POS. :D