Any free substitutes for Waves SSL GComp and Waves L2?

narcossintese

Nov 4, 2008
Brazil
www.myspace.com
I´m trying to go 100% legit. The only plugins holding me back are the Waves SSL GComp Stereo and Waves L2 that I use on master. Can anyone recomend me a nice free master bus comp and limiter/maximizer? Thanks in advance.

*edit*
oh shit, just found the thread I was looking with a list of free plugins. Sorry about this.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/455272-what-free-plugins-you-using.html

http://www.gersic.com/plugins/search.php

But after some research on the internet I´ve come to the conclusion that the "TLS Maximizer" and "TLS Pocket Limiter" are the best freeware limiters around. The bad thing is that they don´t have dither. Now I´m trying Voxengo Elephant to choose which one of these 3 I will keep.

I´m trying to avoid plugins that need instalation (instead of just throwing the dll on the right folder and maybe put a serial key), but for the master comp I still haven´t found one that beats Waves SSL GComp. Maybe never will : (

Elephant ain't free

I know, but the price is somewhat reasonable and as I´m going to use it on every project it'll probably worth the investment. I´m using the DEMO mode, but just the fact that it has a built-in dither and RMS monitor gives it little an edge over the TLS ones. I´m not sure about the sound quality yet.

Density MK2 is really good in the Master bus, although not quite as agressive as the gcomp, but just try it

Holy shit. Is this thing around for too long? How come I´ve never heard of this before? The GUI is a bit confusing. I´m making side by side comparisons with Waves SSL GComp and this thing is actually sounding better. Gotta try on different projects but it seems that we have a winner. :kickass:

*edit*
Found a few posts on this board about it. It seems people are having problem using it with Reaper, but here it´s running flawlessly. Not sure if I´m lucky or they fixed it.