Any GN'R fans?

Not worth the effort for old well used cassettes, plus the pleasure ratio of throwing real crap music in the garbage is priceless.

I almost held a fire burning ritual for that dragonfarce CD I bought but decided to keep it so i could let other people here the disgusting chipmunk sound they were selling to fools... like me

I know some people like that stuff, I just never did, any of the Kiss teen anthem kind of music was never for me and needed to clean out a bit. Most everything I have here is at least a bit progressive and has the higher quality vocalists. I dont think anybody ever figured Dee as having awesome pipes. Not trying to be elitist about it either, its just what became early qualifications in my listening youth and when bands like Kiss (as the first example) came out it felt like too much of a downgrade from what I was already listening too.

until the stay hungry album twisted sister really didn't have the kiss teen anthem style of stuff. under the blade is one of the heaviest albums from the early 80's by any american band i can think of

well it was three years ago, i was driving all day and took them to work with me, gave them a good try but it didnt work for me. I couldnt tell you today exactly why because it was three years ago, nor which albums they were. Wasnt "were not going to take it" teen anthem and early Sister ? NEVER liked the song I was probably early/mid 20's when it came out and didnt understand the fuss and the music didnt grab me

I think my taste is kind of funny with that earlier stuff. I like Maiden, Dio, early Ryche, early Savatage, Priest, Dio Sabbath, Ozzy (without the voice) kind of early metal. Only select few songs by the pop metal bands. Im not sure where Krokus, Twisted Sister and some others I cant recall fall into the metal picture.I do better if someone says well listen to "this" song by picking one that stands out the most and is serious music, otherwise I just cant make it through a entire recording to even know what was better.

“we’re not gonna take it” was on their 3rd album and released in 1984. Each album after the first got more commercial due to record company pressure but the first album, released in 1981 on an independent label, was their best and heaviest. There was an almost thrash like tune called “tear it loose” and a song that sounded like it was forged in the same furnace as Sabbath’s iron man called “destroyer”. the title track to UNDER THE BLADE is the song to listen to if you want to hear TS at their heaviest and most serious. Too bad the original version of the album has really never been released on cd at least here in the states. In the mid 80’s atlantic records re-released the album and cleaned up the raw feel and added the late 70’s TS single called “I’ll never grow up now” which is very sing along

to fools... like me
no argument here :lol: jk anyways much like you I never got into the power metal genre ala Dragonforce... might give it a try again sometime in the future... anyways Twisted Sister is not meant to be judged by musicianship... I think that is where the problem lies with you... any album/band you listen to has to be of highest musicianship or else you cannot enjoy it... much like watching Animal House and judging it because it's not The Godfather Part II ... Twisted Sister is about entertainment and not being composers... let some gas out sometimes and don't take everything so serious including music....

hey now the first 2-3 twisted sister albums are great
Yes, they were/are... I also liked Come out and Play... I met Dee Snider at my job once... he didn't expect to be recognized...

I like Kamelot alot, quality power metal, excellent vocalist, select bits of old Helloween, bits of Edguy... power metal becomes redundant pretty quick. I hate non-stop bass drum rolls... cop a fucking groove for christs sake

I want simple or fun I listen to blues, old RnR, make a play list of select pop metal or the radio

but if you want to sit on my shelves you have to bring something to the table... cause I wont dust you off too many times and I dont listen to bullshit

Come out and play is an alright album but TS was really starting to venture into hair metal territory by that point. Twisted Sister is my 3rd all time favorite band but the last 2 studio albums they made hurt them a lot. They started out as a metal/hard rock band who happened to look glam and ended up a run of the mill glam band by the time they broke up. For me their legacy is cemented on the pre 1985 stuff (under the blade, you can’t stop RNR, stay hungry, the few demo’s, live albums and unreleased tunes from that period) but they are supposed to do 1 more album of new metal material and they stopped wearing the makeup this year so maybe some respect will finally come

Anyways razoredge go listen to the tune “under the blade” and you’ll see this band was something else before the record company stepped in

Thats pretty decent, Destroyer is good too. I know my drummer has said he was into them. Some stuff you can just come to too late and it wont do much for you. Now stuff like I am Im me is what I dont like.

Its foolish to say they were not relevent whether you like them or not because they are very relevent, that has nothing to do with opinion.[/QUOT According to you, It's foolish to say there not "relevant" but, in the same paragraph you say "they are very relevant." And "that has nothing to do with opinion."??? There both opinions, you fuckstick. When ever I need a good fuckin' laugh, I stop by here to see what this razor cat has to say. Is this an act? or are you really this stupid man? The short stories you write for posts are absolutely ludicrous. I think you like to hear yourself "write".

According to you, It's foolish to say there not "relevant" but, in the same paragraph you say "they are very relevant." And "that has nothing to do with opinion."??? There both opinions, you fuckstick. When ever I need a good fuckin' laugh, I stop by here to see what this razor cat has to say. Is this an act? or are you really this stupid man? The short stories you write for posts are absolutely ludicrous. I think you like to hear yourself "write".

Everyone here likes Guns N R. Except me. They never actually tickled my fancy. Apart from sweet child.
But I liked that song on the Star Trek new Movie soundtrack...
Only because it was accompanying the movie however...
Getting called the Rocket Queen put me off as well.
That song is just poor imo.

According to you, It's foolish to say there not "relevant" but, in the same paragraph you say "they are very relevant." And "that has nothing to do with opinion."??? There both opinions, you fuckstick. When ever I need a good fuckin' laugh, I stop by here to see what this razor cat has to say. Is this an act? or are you really this stupid man? The short stories you write for posts are absolutely ludicrous. I think you like to hear yourself "write".
took the words right out of my mouth and with more punch :kickass:

I give you credit for being more amusing than junior, your tantrums are so extreme it totally ROCKS :headbang:
Trust me Grandpa, if I wanted to be extreme (no need to analyze this word again) with you I can. But I try to be as civil as I can and wait for you to call me names and then say I'm the one who did first. :cry:

anyways looks like you and Blood have some bad blood yourselves. And to think you said i was the only one you had problems with. This could get interesting. :heh:

Everyone here likes Guns N R. Except me. They never actually tickled my fancy. Apart from sweet child.
But I liked that song on the Star Trek new Movie soundtrack...
Only because it was accompanying the movie however...
Getting called the Rocket Queen put me off as well.
That song is just poor imo.
Which albums have you listened to exactly? Just curious.

took the words right out of my mouth and with more punch :kickass:

Trust me Grandpa, if I wanted to be extreme (no need to analyze this word again) with you I can. But I try to be as civil as I can and wait for you to call me names and then say I'm the one who did first. :cry:

anyways looks like you and Blood have some bad blood yourselves. And to think you said i was the only one you had problems with. This could get interesting. :heh:

Blah, Blah Blah fuckin' Blah man. I'd rather watch paint dry then debate music or anything with you. Your the fuckin' drama queen on this board. Don't you ever get sick and tired of listening to yourself. Are you truly aware of some of the absolutely stupid posts you write? Your just a little fuckin' peon who can't keep his mouth shut, unless your eating the corn out of someone's shit. End you miserable life.

EXACTLY like trying to have a intellegent conversation with my daughther since she turned 15=
intelligent . watch him now turn this around and say that he meant to type it that way or that he mistyped even though "e" is on the left side and "i" on the right side of the keyboard or that on his keyboard E and I are next to each other :lol: anyways me just having fun with ya...

Blah, Blah Blah fuckin' Blah man. I'd rather watch paint dry then debate music or anything with you. Your the fuckin' drama queen on this board. Don't you ever get sick and tired of listening to yourself. Are you truly aware of some of the absolutely stupid posts you write? Your just a little fuckin' peon who can't keep his mouth shut, unless your eating the corn out of someone's shit. End you miserable life.
:worship: :kickass: