Any good peer-to-peer programs still up?

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
Like DC++ used to be back in the day. For some reason, it doens't work that well for me anymore and torrents don't find as much as i'd like?

Any of you still use p2p programs?

get a good torrent site stick with it. well a few rather. I know tons.

DC++ and soulseek are great for single song grabs. only use DC++ if you got a lot to share (I have over 250GB).

also I share my songs over aim, so if anyone wants it IM me and I'll hook you up.

get a good torrent site stick with it. well a few rather. I know tons.

DC++ and soulseek are great for single song grabs. only use DC++ if you got a lot to share (I have over 250GB).

also I share my songs over aim, so if anyone wants it IM me and I'll hook you up.
DC++ is the best for everything. When it slows down, grab ODC or one of its other aliases. As long as time is not an issue for you, any and every album is available.

emule suxxors for me. I can never find what I want on any network.

soulseek works good for me most of the time.

dc++ is awesome on the right hubs (of which i lost all the addys on my last format)

napster costs money and from what i hear doesn't have a very large selection of lesser known bands.

Mirc has an awesome collection if you can find the right channel on the right network.

bit torrent has almost no harder to find bands, but for better known stuff it's great.

kazaa is dead to me.

DC++ is the best for everything. When it slows down, grab ODC or one of its other aliases. As long as time is not an issue for you, any and every album is available.

I find that anything can be found on mIRC or if you could actually have access to every hub on DC++. torrents most of anything can be found by a matter of a few sites. really depends what you are looking for though. with metal i find DC++ and Torrents work great.

I've found damn near every band on vibrations of doom, cruz del sur, and barbarian wrath on dc++. Not to mention every Vincent Price film AND even those obscure cartoons, like fern gully (which isn't too rare now, but try about five years ago... it was insane). Torrents are also extremely unreliable.
Also, it's fucking perfect for comics.

TV shows might be what torrents are best for... still, i've found dc++ exceptionally useful for shows. The main reason I stopped using dc++ and started using torrents is because I ended up downloading wayyyyy too much with dc++. it was just an endless stream of data!