Any good US blackmetal band?

Averse Sefira is hailed as the best black metal act from the states. Their music is in the vein of older black metal, kinda like anthems era emperor or darkthrone. Vesperian Sorrow is also very good symphonic black metal. Both from Texas, might i add.

I dunno....I've NEVER heard anyone refer to AS as "the best" of anything...they are astonishingly good, yes, but I still think Ludicra is the best US BM HANDS DOWN. No trends, no image, NOTHING extranneous. Pure black metal for the art of it.

Charubic Murder said:
Averse Sefira is hailed as the best black metal act from the states. Their music is in the vein of older black metal, kinda like anthems era emperor or darkthrone. Vesperian Sorrow is also very good symphonic black metal. Both from Texas, might i add.

Definately NOT hailed as one of the best US black metal bands. That is bullshit. MOST people into black metal will say that Judas Iscariot, Noctuary, Absu and a few others like Black Witchery demand as much respect...but I mean..even if you are just sectioning TEXAS out...Averse Sefira isn't even the best. Absu takes that trophy home, and then some.

Of course you agree..I rule! Yeah, the tour is supposed to be good. It will be interesting though..considering the guys from Excommunion all of NSBM side projects....and they are openly racist..and then the guys from Thornspawn are mexican. I guess I'll hear stories about it from one of them during or after the tour..haha

Yea i think saidstik pretty much sumed up all the good bands in the U.S. scene. Ohh and in Norway and sweden, most consider Absu posers ( at least those into the older style (mayhem, darkthrone, etc.) I dont think there that good, a few decent songs. I prefer Judas Iscariot.

well, plenty of killer BM bands there .... Judas Iscariot, & bunch of USBM bands that I think gather as many qualities as the UG European hordes, like Krieg, Noctuary, Black Funeral, Nos Vrolok, Thornspawn, Azrael, Infernal Hatred, Helvintr ....
F.O.I. is ok.

I dig Absu, Goatwhore, Thornspawn, Ludicra (best band in the USBM scene), Judas Iscariot, Kult ov Azazel, and I'll go ahead and throw Noctuary on the list, as I'm listening to them for the first time now.

Noctuary are fuckin killer. I can't for the Grand Design album to be released. Kult Ov Azazel remind me of Marduk, absolutely fuckin amazing, brutal black metal. Fog and Blood Stained Dusk are my favorites.

Eternal Throne said:
Noctuary are fuckin killer. I can't for the Grand Design album to be released. Kult Ov Azazel remind me of Marduk, absolutely fuckin amazing, brutal black metal. Fog and Blood Stained Dusk are my favorites.

Well, my friend, the album is totally written. We just need to get into the studio and get it done. We're hoping this will happen by the end of the year. Thanks for the kind words
-Jeff Peters