any Iced Earth fans?

Yes, I like them. the bonus disk on The glorious burden was like the best thing they ever did.

altough the new single wasn't that great, I'm hoping the new album will be good

Iced Earth has a board here... albeit pretty dead.

I've been a fan for a long time. I wear my Iced Earth shirt from their last tour, religiously. I've been in the closet about them lately cause no one seems to give a shit about them anymore. But Tim Owens kicks ass... :(

I'm actually not really a fan of Tim Owens... at all. I am a Matt Barlow girl, through and through.

I love this band... hmmm, I never felt the need to keep in the closet about them or anything. They have a lot of respect, as far as I'm concerned.

Though Barlow is now with Pyramaze (and, ahem, the Maryland police force), I still look forward to seeing them at Wacken this summer. It should be amazing.

I like the first 4 albums a lot, (especially "Burnt Offerings" and "Dark Saga") they wrote some songs then that can easily be considered to be classic. Pity that everything after these 4 albums sucked so badly.

I liked them alot back when I first started listening to them, but there starting to wear out on me a bit. I'll get the new album though.

I LOVE THEM! But nothing is the same now, without Matt!:cry:

Yeah.

To get my Matt Barlow fix these days I'll have to get arrested in Deleware or watch Pyramaze. Man, I would love to get handcuffs put on me by Matt Barlow. That would be hot.

I like 'em fine, but they strike me as VERY generic. Albums like Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Glorious Burden are formulaic and thoroughly uninspiring. A couple of their songs exude passion, but I think Jon Schaffer's perfectionist attitude stifles their songwriting.

Something wicked was awesome, just too bad they fucked up the last songs on the new single.

Was listening to them yesterday, rolling to a local show in my buddy's '69 Camero. I like Owens, but their other release which we were listening to, Horror Show is it?? that singer sounds like Paul Stanley :headbang: Musically,the album, I thought was heavy and had great guitar parts, most of their albums are that way though.