Any Iron Maiden Fans here?

Yup, Maiden are a great band...

I used to think that they were 'old-mans' metal, untill the other guitarist in my band got me into them.

They are actually pretty damn good musicians, take 'seventh son' (the song) for examply... Truly amazing peice of music.

I can see that IM acted as inspiration for later-day Death and Control Denied...

Very good band... There is piles of awesome stuff. 'Hallowed be thy name' is possibly my favourite peice of theirs, The clairvoyant is good too... Aces high... Fear of the dark.... TUNS of stuff i could mention.

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
I really love Iron Maiden. I was too young when they were getting started and in their prime, but I can definitely go back and appreciate the great tunes. My brother first introduced me to them several years ago, and I really have started getting into them lately. I got Brave New World and really enjoyed it, but it doesn't compare to the older stuff.

svenske, that is a really nice Maiden collection. I have seen so many records on eBay. I bought Live After Death, Piece of Mind, and Number of the Beast lps recently. I should go to a flea market soon and try to find some used records.

Does anyone know when they will be doing a US tour again? My brother and I would kill to see them. They are one of the few bands on my must-see live list(Opeth being at the top of that list).

Next tour is on 2003, best live band dude.......saw them 3 times.........Rockin Rio is coming out on mar25th. Gonna kick ass........

Big F Off whoever saif Maiden is overrated. No Offence.

Up-The-Irons

Maiden are great... I grew up listening to them and have loads of dodgy tape recordings of their albums. My fav song is... damn. I can't choose.

Up the Irons.

who are Nifelheim-brothers?

The infamous Nifelheim-brothers, aka Bröderna Hårdrock, are probably the biggest Maiden fans ever. And they also play in the swedish black metal band Nifelheim. I´ve seen them twice, first when I saw Maiden in Gothenburg 1999 and then 2000 when Maiden played in Stockholm. They are so extremely ugly!

line_up_2000_4.jpg

nif99.jpg

Originally posted by At The Gates
Count me in. I have over 100 offical Maiden releases.

Up-the-Irons man

Needless to day from your name............

The Haunted
Lock Up
In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Julie Laughs Nomore
Arch Enemy
Therion
Dimention Zero

Trhough Many of you think I am a cocky bitch, but I know my stuff, and most of all I die for fucking IRON MAIDENNNNNNNNNNNNN

Up-The-Irons

How does everyone rank Somewhere in Time against the other ones? I got it a little while ago and was a little underwhelmed, excexpt for Stranger in a Strange Land and Caught Somewhere in Time.

Somewhere in Time sounds substandard at first for an Iron Maiden album, but if you listen to it a few times...it´s all there.

Originally posted by DrX
How does everyone rank Somewhere in Time against the other ones? I got it a little while ago and was a little underwhelmed, excexpt for Stranger in a Strange Land and Caught Somewhere in Time.

Give it a few spin pleaseeeeeee........

Heaven...Can.......Wait........best live act