Opeth=Iron Maiden=Opeth?

OneFootBlaster

Satanic Hispanic
Jun 4, 2002
SAnTAaNa, CA.
www.winterthrall.com
I was listening to Killers today and I realized what a huge influence Iron Maiden has had on Opeth. I mean the song "Prodigal Son" can very well be Harvest... pretty similar. I have read that Maiden is one of Mikael's faves but only now has it dawned on me that its apparent in Opeth's songwriting. It rules! Orchid has alot of Iron Maiden worship on it as well. Anyway- just thought I'd point it out... I'm sure some of you have already in past threads. cant wait to hear D1 and D2!!!!! :headbang:

so many bands were influenced by maiden.

and yet they hardly get any credit. it's always metallica metallica metallica.

metallica has always sucked balls!

I know where Saturnix is coming from, and I agree that Maiden is just as if not more influential than Metallica, but don't get the recognition the deserve.

However, Metallica didn't ALWAYS suck balls.

Kill 'Em All through Justice were all metal classics.

Well, they did name their forth album after a Maiden song. Maiden is probably the single most influential band in the history of metal, even more so than Black Sabbath. IM is a nexus; almost every single metal band draws their primary influence directly or indirectly from Maiden. They just plain rule, hands down. My favorite Maiden album is Piece of Mind, BTW.

Originally posted by saturnix
so many bands were influenced by maiden.

and yet they hardly get any credit. it's always metallica metallica metallica.

To be perfectly honest, I can't remember the last time I heard a band that wasn't numetal cite Metallica as a major influence.

Originally posted by CablevisionSucks
To be perfectly honest, I can't remember the last time I heard a band that wasn't numetal cite Metallica as a major influence.

True...

But Ride the lightning and Master of puppets are classics. Don't care for the other stuff though.