Any locals heading out to see Winterkill after Powerfest on Sat.?

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
I was really looking forward to seeing these guys live but they scheduled their show on the 21st at JJ Kellys in Lansing, same Saturday as Powerfest. Atheist's set ends at 11:50pm and Winterkill isn't scheduled to hit the stage until midnight which in "real time" means 12:30 or so.

Anyone plan on making the 20 minute trip after the show?

Just curious.

Yeah that sucks they did that, I'm probably going to end up cutting out of Powerfest early to do this cause honestly Winterkill > Atheist and this is probably my one and only shot to see them live.

Well I'm not missing Atheist for anything, but I might end up at JJ Kelly's after the show as well.

For all you "out of towners":
Winterkill was IMO one of the best original acts to come out of Chicago. They broke up a couple of years ago and they're doing a reunion show on April 21st.

Check 'em out: http://www.myspace.com/theoriginalwinterkill

Found this on line:

NEW DATE!!!!
With this new date, we understand that some who wanted to
attend this show had plans to/or have tickets for Powerfest. We had no
intentions on booking this date to interfere with our friends at Powerfest.
Although, if those that have tickets still wish to catch this show, it is still
possible. With a short drive of 20 min. and
Get 1/2 off admission with your Powerfest ticket stub!
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Shatter Messiah (from Springfield, IL) -9:00 pm
Winters Bane (Akron, Oh.) - 10:00 pm
Mindwarp Chamber (Chicago, IL) - 11:00pm
Winter Kill (Chicago, IL) - 12:00pm

Admission: $6.00 / $3.00 w/ Powerfest ticket stub

Speaking of old local bands, most of you probably don't remember this band, but THE PLAGUE are reuniting to open for TROUBLE at Nite Caps. VERY weird. Not a band that I would expect would ever come back around.

:err: I just don't understand the logic behind booking a show like this on the same date so close to Mokena.

They'd have better luck booking the show on the Thursday before as a sort of pre-party to Powerfest...to take advantage of the Pfest crowd...and I would've been happy to arrange that for them at the Colliseum next door to the Pearl Room.

Oh well...I hope the first three bands enjoy playing in front of 10 people...MAYBE. :p

heh, Winterkill is the only band on that bill that I wouldn't be interested in seeing.

Bummer that they couldn't do this show on Thursday instead, as a pre-party sort of thing. ;)

EDIT: doh! rob beat me to the suggestion ;)

EDIT again: actually, I wonder how many of the death metal haters are going to attend Day One of Powerfest, and then attend the power metal show on Sunday?

:err: I just don't understand the logic behind booking a show like this on the same date so close to Mokena.

They'd have better luck booking the show on the Thursday before as a sort of pre-party to Powerfest...to take advantage of the Pfest crowd...and I would've been happy to arrange that for them at the Colliseum next door to the Pearl Room.

Oh well...I hope the first three bands enjoy playing in front of 10 people...MAYBE. :p

Yeah that's super annoying they did that. You gotta wonder what they were thinking on this one.

I'm not a happy camper about this change. I was looking forward to seeing Mindwarp Chamber and WinterKill. What time does Atheist start their set? Maybe it's possible to catch them instead of heading home after day 2 of Powerfest.