any love for guitar rig 5?

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
any love for guitar rig 5 here?
i just dust off my guitar rig mobile interface because my presonus is broken and i'm fiddling around with the guitar rig 4 that it came with.. it didn't sound as bad as i originally thought...

I tried it recently and was surprised that it has improved since 4th version. BUT I liked only clean/ low gain amps or drives, because all higained amps had same character in drive that I really don't like with it.

Been using it the same way I've been using Amplitube. Head/fxs only and then hit NadIR w/ impulses for the cab. Typically TSE808 at the start of the chain too.

i know use Guitar Rig since version 1 many years ago and i also got Guitar Rig 5 with my Komplete 8 and 9.
It evolved greatly but i rarely going to use it these day to play through it. in my opinion the sound is pretty good and solid, especially the latest added Amp Models like the already mentioned VAN51 and Soldano, i dug those alot.
Also lots of effects are including which sounds great and inspiring to me.

I do use on it some tracks occasionally that were recorded and just send out the DI Track to an instance of Guitarig to add a different texture or blend to the original recoreded track.
And i use it regulary for Bass.

It makes a huge difference which kind of DI Input do use, as it does for most ampsims

"Hate it. Dont like the amp models and I cant stand the interface."

Exactly the same for me.