Any love for The Goos ?

Dizzy Up The Girl is an awesome album. Like every track on that is just brilliant. Their newer stuff isn't that great but A Boy Named Goo & Dizzy Up The Girl,.. I'll even say superstar car wash are great albums. I miss this era

Black Balloon is easily my favorite song from them. I like how the very first note of the song starts off the intro in an almost minor sounding key then when the guitars come in it changes to major but you can still "feel" the minor key even if it's not audible. Simple to do but incredibly effective.

Black Balloon is easily my favorite song from them. I like how the very first note of the song starts off the intro in an almost minor sounding key then when the guitars come in it changes to major but you can still "feel" the minor key even if it's not audible. Simple to do but incredibly effective.

Rzeznik has never been a very technical guitarist, but he has always used such a variety of non-standard tunings and textures in his playing that it more than compensates for his lack of technical skill. He also isn't the most gifted vocalist out there, but he used every bit of talent he does have in his delivery. Their last couple of releases were pretty ho hum, but I hope they have ONE MORE epic release in them. Stranger things have happened.

Bryant