Way off-topic.. The Goos

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Just curious if I am the only person that likes the Goos here. When there is a lull in new releases I like, I go back to oldschool stuff and recent faves and The Goo Goo Dolls "Dizzy" release is one of those. Sorry if this post sounds freaky, but Rzeznik's emotics sound so convincing. Add the fact JR has a great guitar tone and style and the Dolls rip in my ears.

Bryant

Giggle, poor Bryant. The Goo Goo Dolls were really good back in the early 90s. I always loved that one tune that went "You're making fall..., fall down again..." Even their commercial releases haven't been bad as compared to the crap that gets radio airplay.

Bryant-

I can't say I hate the Goos... but my guilty pleasure is Matchbox 20. Go ahead and flame away, but I love their lyrics.

For some reason, at least one of their songs always relates to what is going on in my life. Right now the song "Rest Stop" relates, before it was "Crutch", and the song "Leave" ... "It's amazing how you make your face just like a wall/ How I turn my head and lose it all..." I love that...

-Metal

I have to say that the Goo Goo Dolls are not my thing. However, I must point out that I never would have expected a Metal Blade band to end up sounding like they do. I can't help but crack up thinking that Brian Slagel's biggest seller to this day is "A Boy Named Goo!"

Stay metal.
Met-Al

I like the Goo's... Saw them play twice. Once opened for Sheryl Crow on her first tour and once at a festival in south Florida. Were really good w/ Sheryl Crow but didnt have the crowd or sound the second time I saw them and the crowd left once they played 'Iris'. I have 2 of their CD's. I always had a liking for Cheap Trick, Journey, Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, Liz Phair, Juliana Hatfield, & Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac. Amongst my real love for PP. I got tickets for Sarah McLachlan in May. I am looking forward to seeing her play. Will be the third time I have seen her play.

I saw Cheap Trick at a water park in North Miami back in 90/91 and they were simply one of the best live performers I've ever seen... period. I'd love to see them again. I'm still eyeing that cd box set as well and wondering why only the 1st 3 Cheap trick albums were re-released and remastered w/ bonus tracks... how about the rest of them?