any Manowar fans here...?

I only listened to one Manowar cd (actually I should say tape at the time). It was Fighting the World. I listened to it so much as a kid (it came out in 87, I'm only 28) that the tape went bad. Well anyways I tracked it down years later on cd when I was reminded of how bas-ass it was. The quality of the cd was terrible. It even says on the cover the re-mastered version. I had to turn my cd player up nearly "up to 11" to hear the damn thing. I have never listened to anything else by them. What is considered their best?? I will more than happy to go get some new-old cd's. If the cd sounds better than that piece of crap I got. Nu-metal is getting on my nerves. I'm going back to my thrash and power-metal days. Should have never left them behind.

All thier cd's I have heard sound great. Maybe you had a bad mastered cd or something. Anyway they may appear cheesy in thier loin cloths, but I dont care....they are amazing live and thier albums are always incredible. Learn to look past the image sometimes.

-Satan

Manowar is my favorite band. I have every album including "Warrior's of the World". It kicks ass. And Manowar are very far from "gay". They fuck more chicks after one show then most would in a lifetime. Watch the video "Hell on Earth part 1". Also, for those who insult Manowar, at least they defend metal and continue to wave the flag. They've been around for a long time and never sold out, unlike Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer.

Right on Sins!! You said it all- but of corpse I always have a little something to add hehe...
Manowar must be respected for their message if nothing else- I mean how can you be metal and NOT appreciate what they are saying. As someone into Metal you feel the silent-or not so silent war with society if for no other reason but to defend your right to be Metal. That is pretty pathetic in itself-no one ever had to defend listening to Rap or Pop.. its just accepted-rediculous!! Manowar are the emblems of metal-of what it is to defend metal and honor metal. If you hate their music(which to me seems impossible) you should at the very least support what they stand for and who they stand for- because they stand for us-who stand alone!!!
Keep it metal
Amy~:headbang:

Fuck that. There is an image in metal that is easily spoofed - hence the success of Spinal Tap and Bad News. If it weren't for Manowar and all the spandex in the early 80's, Spinal Tap would never have existed. :lol:

And what kind of chick is going to look at your Manowar CD collection and posters and be impressed? :lol: I dread to think...

The 80's brought out the best and worst I guess....

And Manowar fly the metal flag??? Where? Greece? Well that's no surprise....

i think their music is ok, but nothing too special to me.

but their image makes me wanna puke. and proclame theirselvs "Kings Of Metal"??? if someone has to be proclaimed as "Kings" those are Judas, Maiden or Metallica. And I'm not even talking about their musical abbilities or nothing like that. they were the ones who made this genre something semi-popular around the world, and made things a little bit easier to other bands. like it or not. Manowar makes things harder to everyone, bands and fans. the image of troglodits who the only thing they want to do is get drunk and fuck every thing with a hole in it. and i know from the source that they even had violated women (truth).
The same happen with all those Black metal bands from Norway in the early '90. And I love that music.

"And what kind of chick is going to look at your Manowar CD collection and posters and be impressed? I dread to think... "

why would you care if some chick is impressed with your album collection- most females arent even into metal.. thats a bullshyt comment.. I am female and I would be impressed.... WHAT

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777

why would you care if some chick is impressed with your album collection- most females arent even into metal.. thats a bullshyt comment.. I am female and I would be impressed.... WHAT

heh heh...

I think you've just outlined one major difference between guys and girls...a guy will lie through his friggin' teeth if it meant impressing a girl. He'll tell her that he listens to opera if it meant getting somewhere with a girl. The ONLY exception is when a metal dude has already lucked out and met a metal chick whom he fancies.

And no way is a guy gonna admit to some girl all about his Manowar CDs and the sword and sandals he wears to bed dreaming of Conan.

And the chances are, that er...just occasionally, you'll find that ON AVERAGE, any girl into Manowar and heavy metal is a complete hound. OK I'm sure you look like a model straight out of a Motley Crue video, but most guys (and girls) will admit that metal chicks are complete pigs. Go to any gig with your eyes open to witness what I say.

Hey - it may be politically incorrect, but I'm just being honest. Guys have a 24 hour agenda, and Manowar is an uneccessary obstacle. The image of Manowar and Hammerfall is sooo embarrasing, and it's a blemish on the rest of metal that is trying to convey a serious message.

Everyone can hate me all they want for what I say, but at least I've got the guts to say it.

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777

i like the way you put "WHAT!!!" at the end of your post so i didn't have to post it myself.

Well, whether or not I am a pig" and last time I checked I was not... nor am I like a model from a MC video...is beside all points to be made on this rediculous topic- your logic is foul!! Believe it or not... GUY- there are a lot of guys that wouldnt sell themselves out to get laid..there are a lot of guys that maybe wouldnt pose in front of some unworthy chick.. if you are embarrased of Manowar and Hammerfall then you have issues.. you should be proud of your collection and fuck (not literally) anyone who doesnt like it! For being such a GUY you have very small BALLS.

Originally posted by LucioArgento

heh heh...

I think you've just outlined one major difference between guys and girls...a guy will lie through his friggin' teeth if it meant impressing a girl. He'll tell her that he listens to opera if it meant getting somewhere with a girl. The ONLY exception is when a metal dude has already lucked out and met a metal chick whom he fancies.

And no way is a guy gonna admit to some girl all about his Manowar CDs and the sword and sandals he wears to bed dreaming of Conan.

And the chances are, that er...just occasionally, you'll find that ON AVERAGE, any girl into Manowar and heavy metal is a complete hound. OK I'm sure you look like a model straight out of a Motley Crue video, but most guys (and girls) will admit that metal chicks are complete pigs. Go to any gig with your eyes open to witness what I say.

Hey - it may be politically incorrect, but I'm just being honest. Guys have a 24 hour agenda, and Manowar is an uneccessary obstacle. The image of Manowar and Hammerfall is sooo embarrasing, and it's a blemish on the rest of metal that is trying to convey a serious message.

Everyone can hate me all they want for what I say, but at least I've got the guts to say it.

:lol: Yeah, ok man. If you say so. So a guy would lie through his friggin teeth if it meant impressing a chick? I'm sorry, but not every guy does that. I certainly do not. If I meet a chick that I find to be good looking, or "hot" I'm not going to walk up to her and tell her I listen to Britney Spears or some crap like that or make up lies that I'm rich. I'm sorry, dude, but I'm honest with them. If they don't like my musical taste, big deal. And the ONLY exception is when a metal guy has already met a metal chick that he thinks would be good for him? How in the hell can you say that's the ONLY exception?

No guy will admit to a girl about his Manowar CD collection huh? :lol: You couldn't be more wrong. I'm a big Manowar fan, my ex-girlfriend listened to rap and rave crap. I listened to Manowar when she was around, I even talked about the band sometimes. She may not have liked 'em, but at least I had the GUTS to admit to liking something she found stupid and silly. Oh and I hate sandals, and although I liked both Conan movies, I don't have dreams about 'em.

If a metal dude meets a Manowar chick, she's a hound? That's a swallow comment to make. Who are you to say what girls are hounds and what girls aren't? It's all a matter of opinion, dude. NOT fact. I know Metalmaiden1777, I've known her for about 2 years now, she's a Manowar fan and in my opinion is in no way a hound. My girlfriend is a Manowar fan and she also is not a hound. I've gone to many concerts and I go in there with my eyes WIDE-OPEN and I've seen plenty of good looking, super-model material, girls.

"The image of Manowar and Hammerfall is sooo embarrasing, and it's a blemish on the rest of metal that is trying to convey a serious message." I disagree with that statement. Now, I love black metal, but can you honestly say that bands like Immortal (I'm a fan of Immortal), that wear face paint and dress like they're children of Satan, are trying to be serious? Honestly, as much as I like Immortal, they look like they belonged in the WWF back in the 80's, hanging out with the Demolition and the Legion of Doom.

"Everyone can hate me all they want for what I say, but at least I've got the guts to say it." Obviously, from what you stated, you're the type of guy that lies to women to impress them and get laid. You may have the guts to post your thoughts, but you do not have the guts to be honest with a woman.

With all this being said, thank you and good day.