Any musicians here

hehehe....I did play instruments, I also can read notes and stuff but I realised I cannot really call myself a musician. I lack a lot of the things a good artist needs, writing skills for example.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
hehehe....I did play instruments

Instruments? Which ones? A multi-talent? :D

I actually still have my drums somewhere. Never learnt to play well, though. :p

As a little kid I also played bass in a... umm, "band", and I also handled the "growling" department. It was extremely hilarious to hear a 14-year old "growl". :p

haha.....nothing special........various flutes when I was a kid (started when I was 5 or 6 years old) and later I played keyboards. Haven't touched one in 10 years though.

You own drums??? :eek:
Great!!! Drums (or drummers....) never cease to amaze me :cool: :headbang:

Originally posted by Gaunerin
hehehe....I did play instruments, I also can read notes and stuff but I realised I cannot really call myself a musician. I lack a lot of the things a good artist needs, writing skills for example.

Hehehe, sounds like me... or better to say, I became a bit lazy and haven't played my guitar very much lately.
I can read notes as well :)

speaking of drummers........as some of you might know I went to see Rage last night. Mike Terrana plays drums just in case someone doesn't know.
Well......I'm not too much into solos during shows - since I don't know much about guitar playing I don't need to see someone playing his guitar for ages one stage while the rest of the band is having a drink backstage ;)
But I kinda like drumsolos. But Mike's are even a bit too long. Still, this is not simply drumming, this is show. Anyway, I've seen that a couple of times already and it's starting to bore me as well. I want drummers playing to music!!! :p

Well, it is the tour for the current album, so they did play a lot of tracks from "Unity".
They didn't play too much of the old classics.......one can't have all.
I believe I wrote some more in the concert thread.